• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet "Lookup" choices

shmn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2011
WA State
When using the stock Internet browser, I can select text by long pressing text and then a pop-up window shows up allowing you to "copy text", "lookup/search (magnifying glass)" or "share". When you "lookup" the highlighted text it lets you search either Wikipedia, Good Translate or Google Dictionary. How can I get it to just do a normal Google search of the highlighted text? The menu settings only lets you select language.

long press your text, when the window pops up select clipboard which are the pages icon. i then just google it by long press and select paste.

Thanks for the reply. I know how to do what you explained...but what I am looking for is a way to add Google search to the Lookup choices. It just seems odd that it would be left out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones