• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet Radio Player (not pandora)

I used to use Moodio/YourMuze, but when I switched to Droid I found you can't multitask. It uses the Droid's video player. If you hit the home button to do something else it kills the audio.

Last week I found an application that has the same concept, but it works MUCH better since it's not just a web page. It was called DroidLive, but for some stupid reason they changed to XiiaLive. I can listen to the stations there that I listened to on YourMuze. You can also add new streams pretty easily.

There is a free version and a paid version. I went ahead and got the paid version because you can increase the buffer time to minimize drop outs. If I remember right the free version will buffer 3.5 seconds. If your connection fades a bit you could lose your radio. With the paid app I set my buffer to somewhere around 20 seconds (I don't know what the limit is). I have much fewer skips.

Upvote 0
YES! That's the site i used for my blackberry but i forgot the name. It was actually Moodio now renamed to Yourmuze!

Thanks a lot appreciate it!

so does anyone know how to enter/play a custom URL radio stream in any of these radio apps? which apps let you do this and how do you do it?

DroidLive
XiiaLive
StreamFurious
AndroidOnlineRadio AOR
RadioTime
AOR MMS
MMSLite
Other
???

i want to add/stream/play these URL streams natively and directly from the app -

Bloomberg Radio

http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/audio/radio_live_a.asx

mms://a1042.l2489851244.c24898.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1042/24898/v0001/reflector:51244

Hot 97

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WQHTFMAAC.pls

THANKS!

Upvote 0
I never found anything that could do mms: or .ask links but RadioTime has any station that I've ever wanted in it already. I just checked and Bloomberg radio and Hot 97 are both available in it.

Otherwise, A Online Radio should be able to play the .pls one.

thanks for the reply. the mms URL is just a secondary Bloomberg link.

1. what # version of RadioTime do you have? paid?

2. can RadioTime multitask and run in the background?

3. is it easy to find these stations?'

4. are you still using Moto Droid?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones