• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Invalid Password Problem?

I have had this same problem happen twice to me on 2 different phones on 2 different Verizon accounts!

The password screen locks and when it asks for the user name and password it states invalid user name / password!

Is this a known problem since when I called and talked to both Verizon and HTC the only thing they could tell me was to do a hard reset and they weren't aware of this problem??

Please help since a hard reset is a major pain!!

Thanks,
Dave
dlynchjr@yahoo.com

If your talking about your google user/pass I had the same problem after I (fine I'll admit it) locked myself out of my phone one morning. Too early and too little coffee to be messing with the lockscreen.
I kept getting invalid password as well and had to take my phone in to VW for them to do a hard reset. The volume phone end reset wouldn't work for me.
They couldn't tell me why it wouldn't recognize my name and pass though.....it did after the reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones