• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOS -> Android OS: new user

Hi there!

This is the first time I own an Android device (Galaxy S II) and I'm new fairly new to the platform. Have had an iPhone ever before.

So... what can this phone actually do? I've read a bit about rooting but it's looking a lot more difficult than jailbreaking iOS. I've been looking through the Market also.. Not a lot there (and creditcard payments only?). Great hardware in there though, makes everything really snappy, big 4,3" display and what not... :)

Hello there, i-II-Droid!

Welcome to the AndroidForums :)!

Your phone can do a lot! One thing you'll like about it is the choices you have and the flexibility of Android (iOS is great, but things are locked-down quite a bit to keep things simpler for the masses--not a bad thing, mind you).

Anyway, take a stroll over to your phone's home forum and read some threads and ask your questions from the folks that know your phone the best:

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones