• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IP Webcam and Ice Cream Sandwich

I have successfully viewed streaming video from my KitKat smartphone to my Windows PC but have not been able to view streaming video from my Ice Cream Sandwich tablet to my windows PC.

I am using the IP Webcam app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam

The IP Webcam app works on the ICS tablet, but for some reason I keep getting a "times out" error message when I try to view it on my windows PC.

Any suggestions appreciated !

I've streamed some YouTube through an old Acer A500 before we got the Roku. I used an HDMI cable. The Acer has a full USB port. (Only tablet that doesn't charge that way)

It is running ICS

Thanks, I'm now thinking it might be the IP Webcam app itself does not like ICS because I tried a different app called Alfred and that works on my ICS tablet and seems to be a MUCH better app altogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones