• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 3.0 OS vs Android today/future

1000 APIs!!!
Subscriptions
MicroPayments (in app upgrades)
Device control

Some pretty neat things. Others we obviously already see in Android like access to maps and music and notifications.

Their quasi-push will still not be as powerful as ours and no real multiprocessing ... so I can still stick my tongue out to my iPhony friends :D

Upvote 0
Well Apple's claim is that it drains battery life by 80%, if that's the case, I can see why they would want to do quasi-push (hermetically sealed in battery) to boost battery life.

Can Android do that to conserve battery life? As a compromise between the full-on option and completely turned off?

Upvote 0
Well Apple's claim is that it drains battery life by 80%, if that's the case, I can see why they would want to do quasi-push (hermetically sealed in battery) to boost battery life.

Can Android do that to conserve battery life? As a compromise between the full-on option and completely turned off?

The Li-ION battery is designed to be charged and dis-charged on a continual basis ... The good thing about G1 vs iPhone is that the G1 can have batteries swapped out ...

Upvote 0
Another good thing about the G1 vs Iphone is the expandable storage capacity. I can understand why Apple limited their devices to 8 or 16Gb. One reason is that they can sell two models with different storage capacities, the other reason is that most phones have an average user life of one year before the original user upgrades.

I like the fact I can have a 16Gb card for music and one for videos depending on my mood and if I am travelling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones