• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone and Droid X sales figures to date

There is a reason you havent seen any sales numbers for the Droid X. I its the same teason why no one is switching phone company to get an X, its also the same teason why there are no lines around the blocks of any verizon stores. Its not an Iphone

I wouldn't say no one is switching phone companies to get the X, I switched from a 3GS on AT&T to the X on Verizon. There were many reasons, but the phone was one of them...service quality was more of a reason though. If they do get iPhone on Verizon, I most likely won't switch to it.

Upvote 0
I switched cell companies but not to get the DX. It was to get away from AT&T and onto Verizon. The DX was the first Verizon phone I saw that provided enough capabilities to satisfy my needs phone wise.

Combined with Apple's screw ups on the iPhone4 and the rancid AT&T service, I'd wager that the DX has been a major success for Verizon. If 2.2 fixes some issues as it is supposed to, it will make it even easier to switch. While there are a number of minor issues with the DX that irritate the crap out of me, I think the Droid platform has come a long way in a relatively short period of time.

Upvote 0
The idea of Android selling 160k devices per day isn't accurate, at that rate they would sell some 58,400,000 units in a year. In addition according to Number of Android Phones Sold | Number Of | How Many
they have sold through 2009 some 8.5m handsets. While that number has increased with the EVO and Incredible - it pales in comparison to the iPhone which has sold 41.5m iPhone through 2009 Number Of iPhones Sold | Number Of | How Many

And with current estimates of last weekends new handset is any indication of sales this year I would suspect that the 41.5 would grow to some 44m handsets.

Actually considering the tremendous growth of Android in the past year, that number is most likely way off. Not only doesn't it include the EVO and Incredible, but it doesn't include the whole picture of the Droid, arguably the most successful Android smartphone to date. Also Android has been spreading to more countries since then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones