• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year

lol how's it obsolete? EVO is months away and nothing has even been announced for the iPhone 4G. With that said, I'm still looking forward to seeing the new iPhone OS.
2 months isn't that long considering the Nexus One has been out for 4 months and keeping CDMA users waiting for quite a time only to release the ATT version sooner.

Upvote 0
I doubt that we will see it by summer. The CDMA iPhone that the WSJ reported on is most likely for the asian market where CDMA is used. Recently I think it was a Verizon higher up said they wanted it & the ball was in Apple's court. He said he hoped it could be their first LTE handset. I doubt I'll go with the iPhone be cause I think that it may be the reason iPhone users are having problems. News reports never say if other people on AT&T who don't have the iPhone are also dropping calls. Even if they are they might be because iPhone data users are strangling the network, which could mean the same thing happening on Verizon's network when they offer it.

Upvote 0
Who cares!? Why would you want an iphone when you will be able to get the Incredible and the Nexus One, two better phones with a WAY better OS, the iphone doesn't even compare.

IMO, i agree the Android OS is better then Iphones. HOwever, there are many people that are probably better off with an iPhone.
People like my wife, that want a cool phone, thats simple to use, easy to understand.

My wife initially wanted a droid also, but after playing with my eris, she doesn't want one. Says its too complicated. Something as simple as hooking up a USB cable to the computer, and dragging and dropping files, music, etc. is something a LOT of people are still not familiar with. Iphones/Ipods do make that an easier process.
So for all people that are not technically inclined, they will be happier with an iPhone.

Upvote 0
IMO, i agree the Android OS is better then Iphones. HOwever, there are many people that are probably better off with an iPhone.
People like my wife, that want a cool phone, thats simple to use, easy to understand.

My wife initially wanted a droid also, but after playing with my eris, she doesn't want one. Says its too complicated. Something as simple as hooking up a USB cable to the computer, and dragging and dropping files, music, etc. is something a LOT of people are still not familiar with. Iphones/Ipods do make that an easier process.
So for all people that are not technically inclined, they will be happier with an iPhone.
A lot of that streamlining available on the iPhone should already have been implemented on the Android platform... seriously no one should need to "mount" their devices on the PC; it should be automated and there should be an official application like iTunes/Zune for it.

Reactions: Life2PointOhh
Upvote 0

I agree with this 100%, my wife hates my phone because it is too complicated for her. She would like to get an iphone, I am all for that, as long as I don't have to help her out all the time. It just makes my life easier.

My sister just got the Hero from Sprint, and she hated it at first, I was helping her with everything. Now she likes it since she actually knows how to use it. But some people like my wife, don't want to get to know how to use their phone, they want it simple.

I love the android OS and wouldn't go back, but everyone is different and has different needs. I like the ability to have choice.

Upvote 0
A lot of that streamlining available on the iPhone should already have been implemented on the Android platform... seriously no one should need to "mount" their devices on the PC; it should be automated and there should be an official application like iTunes/Zune for it.
How does the iPhone know if the user wants to mount the phone as an external drive or tether the computer to it? Does it just turn everything on at the same time? I am not sure how Apple implemented those features together.
I know how to load programs on the Android that are not on the market, how does someone load apps onto the iPhone that are not on the App Store?
My friend is thinking about buying the iPhone but is also looking at buying an Android. He keeps asking me questions but I can only tell him how the Android works. He likes that I can tether with it.

Upvote 0
How does the iPhone know if the user wants to mount the phone as an external drive or tether the computer to it? Does it just turn everything on at the same time? I am not sure how Apple implemented those features together.
I know how to load programs on the Android that are not on the market, how does someone load apps onto the iPhone that are not on the App Store?
My friend is thinking about buying the iPhone but is also looking at buying an Android. He keeps asking me questions but I can only tell him how the Android works. He likes that I can tether with it.
All those questions you have pertaining to the iPhone will require jailbreaking the device. I believe it auto-mounts and will switch to different services upon activation by the user.

Reactions: pwabbit
Upvote 0
All those questions you have pertaining to the iPhone will require jailbreaking the device. I believe it auto-mounts and will switch to different services upon activation by the user.

That's too bad that it has to be jailbroken. I know my friend wont do that. He thinks there is great risk in destroying the phone. I will just tell him he should get an Android and use PDAnet. Then he will be able to tether and load non-market apps without rooting (or jailbreaking for iPhone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones