• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IPhone, will you switch?

twistedlim

Android Expert
Jun 9, 2010
Marketplace reported this morning that Verizon is going to announce tomorrow that they will be introducing the iphone. I know the phone is generally knocked here but is it knocked because verizon does not carry it or because it is not android. With the lack of 4G phones for verizon I am curious to see how many will jump the adroid ship to pick up an apple product?

Marketplace Morning Report from American Public Media

Oh and no, no plans to jump ship. I've played with the iPhone several times trying to make myself like it. I just can't do it. The screen of icons alone drives me insane. Now I haven't played with the 4 so multi tasking may be better now? but closing an app to open another shortened my playtime even more than the shitty screen of icons.
No flash. I understand HTML5 to view them differently, not sure how well that will actually work to view flash content, great? horrible? don't know.

Upvote 0
Marketplace reported this morning that Verizon is going to announce tomorrow that they will be introducing the iphone. I know the phone is generally knocked here but is it knocked because verizon does not carry it or because it is not android. With the lack of 4G phones for verizon I am curious to see how many will jump the adroid ship to pick up an apple product?

Marketplace Morning Report from American Public Media

The iPhone gets knocked because it's locked down, by both Apple and AT&T. There is no where near the amount of freedom (like with Android) with the Apple OS. That's why I'll never own one. It's my phone - let me do what I want to with it!

Upvote 0
The iPhone gets knocked because it's locked down, by both Apple and AT&T. There is no where near the amount of freedom (like with Android) with the Apple OS. That's why I'll never own one. It's my phone - let me do what I want to with it!

This. Apple products are just crap. They aren't even your products, they're Apple's, and Apple is leasing them to you with a laundry list of conditions that you can't do this or that.

Upvote 0
You guys are just iphone haters! I can't wait to get one of these incredibly locked down, so easy a caveman can do it, devices..... for my wife. :D Me on the other hand, you'll have to pry my D1 from my cold dead hands, at least until Verizon brings something out to replace my D1 that I can heavily customize and tweak to make it my own.

Upvote 0
You guys are just iphone haters! I can't wait to get one of these incredibly locked down, so easy a caveman can do it, devices..... for my wife. :D Me on the other hand, you'll have to pry my D1 from my cold dead hands, at least until Verizon brings something out to replace my D1 that I can heavily customize and tweak to make it my own.

+1

I could not have said it better myself. Iphones are what i consider toys now. I would buy one for the wife and the 10 yr old daughter.. They both have ipods so why not make them feel special.. But for me no way cant do it.. I like the iphone but its not for me.

Upvote 0
ill be getting the iphone for sure the day them come out. It's one of those things i've always wanted and never had so now's my chance. If i like it great, if i don't i'll sell it. But unless you have been on at&t and owned one, i really dont thik you should be flaming apple for something you've never yourself tried. ... 1 word ... BANDWAGON

Reactions: bleedGreen
Upvote 0
ill be getting the iphone for sure the day them come out. It's one of those things i've always wanted and never had so now's my chance. If i like it great, if i don't i'll sell it. But unless you have been on at&t and owned one, i really dont thik you should be flaming apple for something you've never yourself tried. ... 1 word ... BANDWAGON

Upvote 0
I used to curse Verizon for not having the iPhone and would've been in line to buy one once upon a time. But when I got my Droid and rooted it and have seen all that you can do to it, I will never buy an iPhone. Sure, you can jailbreak the iPhone and theme it, but that's nothing compared to all the ROMs available for the Droid1. Not to mention being able to flash the next OS before it's been "officially" released. For someone like me, who is a serial rom flasher, I'd go crazy with a locked down iPhone.

Upvote 0
just got a d2g, and am not happy with battery life. I don't root the phone, was happy but am on my 3d d1 and the phone has terrible lag.

thinking about returning the d2, not sure what to get. was thinking iphone, heard that the battery life is much better, but really like the qwerty. bummed that no lte announced at ces, only 4.3, which is too large for my pocket...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones