• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
If you have a look at my other recent posting you'll see that the 16GB version of this tablet is now available in the UK at the official Samsung store in Stratford.

The thing is that they only have the 16GB version and they have no details of when or whether they'll get the 32GB version. They suspected not, as they never got the 32GB version of the original Note 10.1. Also as I reported earlier this week Amazon Germany is listing the WiFi and LTE versions but only in 16GB. This makes we wonder whether the 32GB version will be available in Europe at all? The silence from Samsung on the internet is deafening.

I plan on putting in an SD card for all photos, videos and other data. FYI the on board available space will apparently be in the region of 8-9GB, or so the store staff said anyway. The 2 demo devices in the store had promo material pre-loaded, plus it seems that some customers had already been in and downloaded and installed various hefty games. So those had less than that available, and it was difficult to tell what the tablet would have on it out of the box.

The big question therefore is - is 16GB enough? This will be my first tablet, so I have no experience of this. Will I be able to move any apps in part or completely to the SD card?

You can use more than one card for storage. (You just have to swap them if you need something that's on another card.) As far as moving apps to the card, most apps can be moved, but a small amount of main memory is still used. Is 16GB enough? Depending on your needs, that could be "yes" - or it could be that 32GB isn't enough for you. If you need tons of apps available at all times, you may have a problem. If you're willing to uninstall apps you aren't using, then reinstall them from the card when you need them, and keep a few cards with you for storage, 16GB will be more than enough.

Reactions: westbros
Upvote 0
I had the older 16gb version of the Note, and I picked up a 32gb SD card thinking that there was no way 16gb would be enough for me. With school, TV shows, Movies, and apps (I never took pics with that tablet) I never even came close to filling up 16gb.

A 32gb sandisk card is cheap if you need extra storage, but 16gb was plenty for me.

Reactions: westbros
Upvote 0
Hi

I managed to buy on Ebay the WiFi 32GB for 450GBP. The tablet was located in the UK but was imported from the US so I have an adopter but that is not a problem.
I recall also seen it with Cellular for about 500GBP.

I agree it is very rare to find the 32GB in the UK. It took me a very long time to find it but I do not think it is a big problem as the table accept microSD up to 64GB

The biggest problem I have is that the restricted profiles are not available. Multi Users yes but not Restricted Profiles

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones