• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is a dual bluetooth connection possible on the RAZR?

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
I have bluetooth in my car, but it doesn't support a2dp connections. I have the ability to add a2dp support through my car stereo, but I only want a2dp through the stereo and not a hands-free connection if I can help it. Does anyone know if the RAZR will allow me a simultaneous connection with hands-free connected to the car and a2dp connected to the stereo at the same time?

I'm attempting to avoid running a second microphone line for the stereo, and from what I read, the hands-free support for the stereo is not as good as the existing bluetooth support that I have in the car...

Thanks!

Eric

Not sure about the specific setup you're considering but I know my Maxx is able to connect a Motorola Bluetooth headset and Motorola Bluetooth keyboard/track pad at the same time and both operate. Currently talking on the phone and typing with the keyboard right now with no issues. However, occasionally the track pad part doesn't like to work with the headset going at the same time. So might be minor conflicts with multiple Bluetooth devices going at the same time, but should work. Good luck.

Reactions: zoxxo
Upvote 0
If anyone is interested, I received my Bluetooth add-on today and it worked like I hoped it would. I now have two simultaneous BT connections, one to my car for hands-free audio and one to the car stereo for all my A2DP streaming. The volume is a little low for A2DP, but overall I am happy.

In case you're interested, I have a Volvo XC90 with a fiberoptic MOST system that does not have native Bluetooth in the factory feature set. I installed a Motorola IHF1000 car kit that integrated BT with my car stereo. My car did not have native iPod support, so I added a Dension Gateway 500 to the mix to allow me to play my iPod through the car stereo. The Gateway 500 had an optional Bluetooth adapter which, at the time I installed the system, was too expensive, and all reports said it could be problematic. The price for the adapter recently dropped to below $100 so I took a chance and ordered it. I had to jump through a few hoops to configure the setup, but it's working now, and I'm happy that I have several different audio options for my car.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in with feedback to help me make this happen!

Eric

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones