• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is development on this rom dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
been quite awhile since hearing anything :(

Check Virtuous ROM. He posted yesterday.

He apparently plans to update within the week.

I'm wondering whether the release of Gingerbread to AOSP will spur him to incorporate any Gingerbreadedness.

Addendum 12/18/10 -

If you go to the Virtuous forum on xda-developers' forum, he has already posted the changelog, and said 3.2 is dropping any minute.

Upvote 0
3.2 is out.

However, there are multiple reports (myself included) of the update causing boot loops. I would hold off on upgrading.

Following along on the Virtuous thread at xda-developers, I learned that the problem with 3.2 is that it requires HBOOT v. 0.92. Installs with earlier versions were resulting in boot loops.

The update dialogue via ROM Manager now reminds you that you have to update to HBOOT 0.92 before you update to 3.2.

Since I already had HBOOT 0.92, I did the update to Virtuous 3.2 and it's running just fine, thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Following along on the Virtuous thread at xda-developers, I learned that the problem with 3.2 is that it requires HBOOT v. 0.92. Installs with earlier versions were resulting in boot loops.

The update dialogue via ROM Manager now reminds you that you have to update to HBOOT 0.92 before you update to 3.2.

Since I already had HBOOT 0.92, I did the update to Virtuous 3.2 and it's running just fine, thank you very much.

Same here, running 3.2 since yesterday. Had a pretty heavy day of use for the phone and have not encountered any problems as of yet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
can you link the circular battery update?

Here's the one I'm running.

[MOD] [8/12] Smooth Super Circle Battery + Smooth Sense Icons - xda-developers

And to the previous poster, yes, there is a Revolution Theme for Virtuous. You can get it via the below link.

[Theme] INCredble REVOlution [9/10/10 Theme Update! -- CM6 Beta Re-Release] - xda-developers

Thanks hgoldner!

I knew about this link but read in the HTC Incredible forum that the theme in this link overwrites many of the bug fixes included in Virt 3.2. I was trying to verify if that is true. Do you know?

Upvote 0
Thanks hgoldner!

I knew about this link but read in the HTC Incredible forum that the theme in this link overwrites many of the bug fixes included in Virt 3.2. I was trying to verify if that is true. Do you know?

The "Theme" is a new wrapper for the ROM. That means the ROM's "features" such as no location icon when location is off in the notification bar might be overwritten by the theme's settings.

However, you can always load a theme then mod it back to the way you want it by changing notification icons, etc. You just have to be patient and experiment because not all mods play nicely. For instance, I first tried a different approach to the circular battery icons and got force closes. I backed out and used the set above and everything is fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones