1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it safe to rename backups?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by An UrgeTo Dance, Feb 5, 2011.

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Just wondering if any one has successfully renamed a backup in Amon RA recovery and was able to use it. I found some threads about this but they all used clockwork. Sorry for starting a new thread I just don't want my backups to become unusable lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Supposedly You can. I don't rename mine anymore.

Don't use spaces or odd characters ...I add info prior to the date leaving that intact.

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

You should be able to as long as you rename the folder, only (don't rename the img files), and you stick with normal characters, and don't use any spaces. If you want to try, just make a nandroid backup, rename it, then try to restore it. It will fail right away if there's a problem, and you won't lose anything.

EDIT: Beat me to it :).

4. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

Also, if it is named BCDRS-20110115-0153 like my Amon backups are, then i just keep the file name and add something to it. That way you can always delete what you put and go back in case you need to. Like i named that one
    "BCDRS-20110115-0153myn_rls4_1.14.2011"

5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Okay I might try that but I just started making a document to keep with all my Evo stuff on my computer that has all the backup names and what they are. That way I can just look at my computer and tell what everything is.

6. Muellersirch

Muellersirch Newbie

I am using the current version of amon ra (atm 2.2.1), and have renamed all of my backups. never had a problem restoring them. i have used periods, underscores, and a plus sign with no problems. definately no spaces

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews