• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it true that the G1 can't run application/program from SD card ?

raikan123

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
Is this true because some says that the phone is unable to run application/programs from the SD card?
But can the tattoo do it?
the tattoo seems to deplete both the memory but what does it mean?
does it install on the internal memory but some on sd ?
BTW can i download apk from sites and install it in my phone thorugh application such as linda file manager?

Internal memory is encrypted and this provides some protection from users being able to copy paid applications. I believe this is the reason apps are not currently supported on the SD card. Some apps do install some of their data on the SD card.

All stock Android phones are like this. However, the G1 has a smaller amount of internal memory than most of the newer phones so it is more of an issue on the G1.

Upvote 0
Oh alright this means that the g1 need rooting for more memory right but how do i root? i am a newbie here lol. and is the htc dream and the htc g1 have the same way of rooting ? i just afraid that i might screw up everything and poof there goes my money into the drain.
Btw how many internal memory does the g1 has ?

Upvote 0
Its pretty easy to mod your G1 you just need to know how to read and have the problem solving skills of a 5th grader. As long as you follow instructions step by step and read carefully your phone will be fine. Be extra careful when flashing SPLs and Radio images since that's the reason why people brick their phones ex: "flashed them in the wrong order" the one down side to apps2sd is that it'll make your apps run slower than from the internal memory but that can be easily fixed by getting a class 6 SDHC card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones