• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a better battery available for the g2 yet?

I would like to see at least a couple of reviews of the Mugen from some credible board members before I will be able to believe. I hope this battery will work as advertised, but I will wait until others who i trust approve. Li-Ion definitely allows for higher capacity in the same size, as I have seen it done many times with laptop and camera batteries. The OEM often just give what they give to save money, which is too bad. Think of all the unused batteries that never should have been made (and sold.)

Upvote 0
I would like to see at least a couple of reviews of the Mugen from some credible board members before I will be able to believe. I hope this battery will work as advertised, but I will wait until others who i trust approve. Li-Ion definitely allows for higher capacity in the same size, as I have seen it done many times with laptop and camera batteries. The OEM often just give what they give to save money, which is too bad. Think of all the unused batteries that never should have been made (and sold.)

yeah i hear ya, each manufacturer should at least offer a premium package/upgrade option for every phone (also they should offer a "true" 2GB of internal storage, not 2GB after all their add-ons)

for example on the G2 they could offer...
extra $100 gives you
- 30% increased extended battery
- 4GB of internal storage (double the standard)
- AMOLED screen (instead of the lcd version)

either that or a pick and choose for a fee on each one

Upvote 0
I followed this video instruction:

How to put the red battery in

Using these batteries:

HTC Evo 4 1800 MAH

If you use OFF10 you can get 10% off your purchase.

It was really easy to do. My husband thought I was crazy but now he is recanting his statement. :) Usually by this time of day I am at 33% or less. Right now I am at 68%. I love that I can have a spare battery with me in case I run low and know that it will last a good while. I also like being able to charge the batter outside of the phone.

Upvote 0
I don't see that on the batteries I got. They are plan silver underneath with a serial number only. I don't think these are 1200 because they are lasting noticeably longer. I could be wrong, but I think the extra time I getting speaks for itself.

They originally sent me the wrong charger for them but when I brought it to their attention they sent the correct one right out and never asked for the other charger to be sent back. I feel fairly certain that they aren't out to cheat anyone so if others are finding they are getting what they paid for they should get a refund.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones