• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there a work around for flash?

If I were you I wouldn't care about Flash since Adobe itself doesn't want in on my device:
[...] Fast-forward to today and the scene has dramatically changed. After years of boasting that it would bring its rich multimedia experience to the mobile and PC world alike, Adobe announced last year that it would be stopping development of Flash for mobile devices. The company has bowed down in defeat, realizing that HTML5 had quickly turned into the format that will lead the mobile world into the future.
Source: Adobe Flash for Android will be discontinued starting tomorrow

Upvote 0
Flash won't be removed if you have it already. Its just being discontinued and no longer developed.

You can continue using the plugin as you are now. There just won't be any updates so all security flaws and bugs that it has now are permanent.

However, Flash support is internet browser dependent. So if the developer of your internet browser decides to stop allowing Flash, well then that's that. I know Dolphin Browser disables Flash support if your running Jelly Bean and won't let you re-enable it.

Upvote 0
I call B.S. on the loss of flash with ICS

Does anyone know how to fix with out rooting? Hell Flash was reason I started with Android and not an Iphone.

Stuck in contract like most for another year and I love(ed) the EVO3D

Unless you wipe your device, it will remain with your upgrade. Otherwise, find an apk (either from your phone or a trusted source) and keep it in a secure location. Thankfully, android lets us install apps from other locations than just the iTunes store.

Upvote 0
HTML5 can't replace flash. There's a big difference with what you can do with compiled code vs interpreted code. Also, flash was the best solution for playing protected media. Now I guess it's up to Silverlight for Windows Phone. Wonderful.

Yeah I wonder what this will do to the Flash animation websites (you know, people animating with Flash). Flash is actually really, really good at doing animation. The fact that actual mainstream TV shows (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are examples that stand out in my mind) have been produced in Flash proves that. Plus its incredibly bandwidth friendly since its just moving and stretching shapes around in real time, rather than frames of video.

From what I've heard is that HTML5 animation is still in its infancy and is pretty ugly to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones