• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an App for better mail

OK - been used to Blackberry for many years - but I really do miss some things about their mail system. I would like to have the phone display the time that emails came in on previous days instead of just saying "yesterday". I would like to know if there is an app to do this or maybe something I can change in 'settings'.

Similarly, I would like to know if there is an App (or a setting) for the phone history that will tell the day/time a call was placed or received on the initial display. Is there a way to see a 'history' of a specific phone number on the Hero? I would like to be able to tag a particular call and see the last 5 times I spoke to that number and whether they called me or I called them.

Don't know about the first item - I use K-9 Mail and that simply gives the date of the incoming email if it was before today.

Second one though - if you go into People/Contacts and select a contact, along the bottom of the screen are various icons. The far right one should look like a telephone against a bit of paper - that shows you the call log for that particular contact.

Upvote 0
With regards to the first one if you click on the email (in the stock app) and open it, at the top (immediately below the subject header) it shows both the date and time.

With regards to the second one - I agree with Brykins. All of your history for that contact is shown in the call log, including date, time and duration

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones