• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is this battery usage normal?

1st of all i really would like to give thanks to everyone on this great forums , it really helped me alot cuz im android newbie :))

lets get started : i bought sgs2 2 weeks ago and it's really great phone , today something strange happened to me , before leaving to outside i recharged my phone to 75% and then i had to go , later after around 8 hours of average use on maximum brightness , my phone was idle and then the battery warning poped out i took it out of my pocket and the phone was kinda hot , even it was idle for more than 1 hour at least , i went to check the battery usage and i found the following .

display :28%
cell standby: 25% (time without signal 95%)
android os :16%
as usage of 1day 27 mins on battery ( i charged in between)

what does cell standby means and what does it mean time without signal and is it ok or what should i do to fix that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones