• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue accessing ONE website

Mikestony

~30% Carbon Black ±
Sep 10, 2010
Next to you
This is driving me a little nuts here.

One particular website cannot be accessed via my home computer, nor my work computer.
This is the website (don't worry, it's safe, its an app dev's website--Battery Monitor Widget Pro):
Page Redirection<<<---this website is the issue (www.3c71.com)
I always get this error:
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because Page Redirection took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

My work computer is a desktop windows 7 professional 32bit running the latest Chrome browser. Comcast IP.
My home computer is a laptop, windows 7 home edition, 64bit, running the latest Chrome browser. Connected via wifi/router etc. Comcast IP.

At home I have tried:
Cleared cookies in Chrome. Didn't work.
Updated all windows updates and rebooted. Didn't work..(crap).
Tried to access via I.E. Didn't work..(double crap).
Tried to access via incognito mode. Didn't work..(ugh)
Turned off AV and Firewall. Didn't work...(heavy sigh.)

At work I tried the same things...Didn't work

Cannot access that ONE website.

No problem with any other website.

Now, here is a wrench thrown into the works.:)
I can access it on my device via 4g, but as soon as I connect to the wifi at home, I cannot access it.
Kinda makes you think there is an issue with the router? If so, that doesn't explain why I cannot access it at work!

What is going on? A Chrome browser issue? Not sure, as I.E. cannot access it either.

I am basically computer un-savvy, so it may be a simple fix for someone who knows more than I do:(

Is this such a big deal you ask? Well, not really, but when something doesn't work, I needs ta figure it out :D

It's okay, MS, that's what this board is for, right?! :D

I can't help you because...as everyone knows...I don't do windows. But I'm sure someone will be able to help.

In the meantime, you can do some experimenting/troubleshooting. Do you have an Ethernet cable handy? If so, hardwire your computer to the router--is the result the same? If it is, hardwire your computer to your cable [or DSL] modem. Now what? Does it connect?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
This is driving me a little nuts here.

One particular website cannot be accessed via my home computer, nor my work computer.
This is the website (don't worry, it's safe, its an app dev's website--Battery Monitor Widget Pro):
Page Redirection<<<---this website is the issue (www.3c71.com)
I always get this error:

My work computer is a desktop windows 7 professional 32bit running the latest Chrome browser. Comcast IP.
My home computer is a laptop, windows 7 home edition, 64bit, running the latest Chrome browser. Connected via wifi/router etc. Comcast IP.

At home I have tried:
Cleared cookies in Chrome. Didn't work.
Updated all windows updates and rebooted. Didn't work..(crap).
Tried to access via I.E. Didn't work..(double crap).
Tried to access via incognito mode. Didn't work..(ugh)
Turned off AV and Firewall. Didn't work...(heavy sigh.)

At work I tried the same things...Didn't work

Cannot access that ONE website.

No problem with any other website.

Now, here is a wrench thrown into the works.:)
I can access it on my device via 4g, but as soon as I connect to the wifi at home, I cannot access it.
Kinda makes you think there is an issue with the router? If so, that doesn't explain why I cannot access it at work!

What is going on? A Chrome browser issue? Not sure, as I.E. cannot access it either.

I am basically computer un-savvy, so it may be a simple fix for someone who knows more than I do:(

Is this such a big deal you ask? Well, not really, but when something doesn't work, I needs ta figure it out :D

Sounds like your DNS server settings are screwed up. On break at work right now so I can't go into troubleshooting detail right now.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Well, after about 2 weeks of trying to get this to work, I posted here.
Now, this morning at work, on my work computer, believe it or not, I can access that website.
Now I'm totally befuddled:(
Shhhhhh... We don't question when gremlins leave. Shhhhhh...

PS Think of it like taking your car to the mechanic because it's been making a weird noise for two weeks. As soon as you get to the mechanic's, the noise stops, right? :laugh:

Upvote 0
PS Think of it like taking your car to the mechanic because it's been making a weird noise for two weeks. As soon as you get to the mechanic's, the noise stops, right? :laugh:

That phenomenon is what I refer to as the First Rule of Tech Support. The bane of all users when the tech finally gets to them.

"It crashed here, right here! I don't know why its working perfectly now, but --- hey, don't leave!!"

:D

Upvote 0
This is just.....unreal :(
I'm at home now, and I can access that site.

I mean, that's great, but WHAT HAPPENED TO MAKE IT WORK??????
For 2 weeks, on and off, I've been trying to solve this.

Then one day, after posting, it decides to work? At home AND work?

I'm just smacking my head trying to grasp the reality of this.

**sigh**

I do appreciate your help, and willingness to help Moody and Joel. :thumbup:

Alas, if it happens again, I'll resurrect this thread.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones