• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help issue with orange signal and an issue when turning the phone off.

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, i have an HTC Desire, i am very happy with it, and not really experienced any issues as such until recently. I have had the phone for roughly 3 months, when in work i had never had any issues with the signal, for the past 2 weeks (in the exact same location in work, and same provider: orange) everytime i have looked at my phone it has said no signal or emergency calls only, this does go away when i go out side, but i had never had this happen before and it does all the time now, could some servers or soemething have gone down at orange and they are fixing them, i just dont understand why the bad signal all of a sudden.

Also, this is only an issue when i turn the phone off, for a good month or so now, everytime i switch off, i get a screen saying phone is turning off etc.. and then it stays on this screen for what seems a life time, sometimes its about 2 - 3 minutes before it turns off, is this an issue, how come it always takes so long to turn off, i dont have that many apps installed on the phone.

thanks

james

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones