• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues/comments after installing ICS? Discuss/post here

Since I've updated my HTC 3d to ICS, I continually have to reset my alarm volume...always goes silent.

When in dock mode, I shut my screen off (because it's so bright), but if the web browser is running (in task manager and I forget to kill it), the screen will turn on in the middle of the night (~1:30am or so) and bring up the browser!

About half of the time when I get a phone call and answer it, it answers with the speaker phone on. That gets really annoying especially when I'm at work!

Any help on any of these issues would be great...right now, i'm counting down the days when I can upgrade my phone and get rid of this Android POS and switch to some other OS that works!:mad:

Upvote 0
Greetings all - Have posted this question before, but got no takers. Since the update, my voicemail volume is so low I have to be in a silent room to hear it (not especially useful) has anyone else had this problem or know a way to turn up the volume on voice mail (for playback) all my sound levels (all 3) are set as high as they go - has no effect on the voice amil. Hope someone can help!

Upvote 0
Greetings all - Have posted this question before, but got no takers. Since the update, my voicemail volume is so low I have to be in a silent room to hear it (not especially useful) has anyone else had this problem or know a way to turn up the volume on voice mail (for playback) all my sound levels (all 3) are set as high as they go - has no effect on the voice amil. Hope someone can help!
I have the same very low volume and speaker icon is crossed with red line. Sucks.

Upvote 0
I have the same very low volume and speaker icon is crossed with red line. Sucks.

My voicemail volume doesn't seem to have changed since updating, so sorry, can't help there. Just thought I'd let you know that while the speaker icon does have a red line through it, at least on my 3D, you can still click it to listen to voicemail over the speaker.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I know this has probably been covered many times before but i couldnt find anything specific. Ive had my Evo for about 1 1/2 years and this is the first time its ever been faulty. I downloaded the newest update for the phone and its pretty much useless with apps now. Play store will not open at all so i cannot download any apps or update any. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and im trying to avoid doing a factory reset and losing all of my settings and texts. I know that there are apps for all of this, but without being able to access the play store to sign in, i cannot download any of them.

If i have to do a factory reset, I might as well root it while im at it. Ive never done it before and i am in no way a computer programmer so i would need a perfect tutorial and would honestly want the best everything for the root itself. If i do end up doing that, I want to save everything that is the way it is on the phone right now... how would i go about doing that?

Upvote 0
I don't know if this concern has been mentioned before in an earlier post, but I've noticed since updating to Ice Cream Sandwich(ICS), deleting words don't work as before. What am talking about is...for instance; trying to delete a word (only see this happen on these forums), the cursor will just go to the previous word before it and delete a word that you don't want deleted (yes, this is weird but happens a lot). Also, if I placed the cursor before a word or letter and try to delete it -- the cursor will go the next word and then delete a word that I don't want deleted. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Oh, um, resetting the phone, or clearing data from the keyboard application, or changing the keyboard doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried everything inside the keyboard settings - yet the problem still remains. Has anyone else experience this? If so, have you found a way of getting around this?

Upvote 0
My phone is not rooted. I am on Android version 4.0.3

I downloaded Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 from Adobe Flash Player Help/Archived Flash Player versions from their website. The file was downloaded.

I did update my phone so as marctronixx stated, it is not supported?

I just can't play any videos from various websites, such as cnn.com news clips. Any video I try to watch just tells me I need flash player.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this concern has been mentioned before in an earlier post, but I've noticed since updating to Ice Cream Sandwich(ICS), deleting words don't work as before. What am talking about is...for instance; trying to delete a word (only see this happen on these forums), the cursor will just go to the previous word before it and delete a word that you don't want deleted (yes, this is weird but happens a lot). Also, if I placed the cursor before a word or letter and try to delete it -- the cursor will go the next word and then delete a word that I don't want deleted. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Oh, um, resetting the phone, or clearing data from the keyboard application, or changing the keyboard doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried everything inside the keyboard settings - yet the problem still remains. Has anyone else experience this? If so, have you found a way of getting around this?
I guess no one else has or have experience this problem on their phone?

I know this has probably been covered many times before but i couldnt find anything specific. Ive had my Evo for about 1 1/2 years and this is the first time its ever been faulty. I downloaded the newest update for the phone and its pretty much useless with apps now. Play store will not open at all so i cannot download any apps or update any. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and im trying to avoid doing a factory reset and losing all of my settings and texts. I know that there are apps for all of this, but without being able to access the play store to sign in, i cannot download any of them.

If i have to do a factory reset, I might as well root it while im at it. Ive never done it before and i am in no way a computer programmer so i would need a perfect tutorial and would honestly want the best everything for the root itself. If i do end up doing that, I want to save everything that is the way it is on the phone right now... how would i go about doing that?
Do this: Uninstall the Play Store app. Download and install the most recent Play Store application. Here ya go... Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.10.9 With New Post-Install UI, Translate Button, And More.

If this doesn't work, there might be an installed app causing this problem. Since you don't want to do a reset -- you can then uninstall all the recent apps prior to when you starred noticing the problem.

As for as rooting your device...if that's what you think you need to do, check inside the root forum for this device. There are lots of information available to get you started.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
Well, since I had a perfectly functional phone I'd been holding off on the ICS update. Finally updated a couple days ago, and immediately I'm having problems playing audio through my car.

Specifically, the hands-free audio profile will connect to my car without a problem. I can make and receive phone calls using the car speaker and microphone.

But when I ask the car to play bluetooth audio, it says there's no connection. So far, turning off and on the bluetooth radio in my phone has fixed it -- at least until the next time I get in the car. Today, alas, it took flipping it off and on about half-a-dozen times before the car finally connected to the phone.

I guess this means the A2DP profile is having problems connecting but the HFP one is fine. A very bizarre problem; I didn't even know that was possible.

(Yes, everything was fine before the ICS update, broke immediately after the update. I've tried rebooting and unpairing/re-pairing everything. Haven't tried a factory reset; that's obviously a last resort......)

Still, it doesn't hurt to ask: anyone else seen this / know of a fix?

Edit: just for posterity's sake: The handsfree (call audio) voice was intermittently not connecting as well. My solution? Contract was up, bought an HTC One. I may try a factory reset at some point on the 3vo and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones