• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with bluetooth integration? Should I return for a iPhone?

nm767

Lurker
Nov 2, 2014
I have the note 4 and I'm debating returning it for the 6 plus.
This is my first Android device and I switched from a iPhone 5 to the note 4. Here's my issue that's causing my delimma. I commute on a motorcycle and use a bluetooth device on my helmet for communication. The iPhone integrates flawlessly. Siri makes my calls, texts, reads me my incoming texts and so on. But the note 4 is a major struggle. I can get it to work with my music and make calls as well as send texts. But I can only get it to give me directions about 25% of the time I ask. It does it every time but only puts it on the screen and doesn't give audible directions. Major issues is the texting. I haven't figured out how to get the phone to read my incoming texts. That's a big problem to me. When I ask it to it just puts the message on screen but again nothing audible.

I have one week left in my 2 week return period and have to decide to keep it or return for the iPhone. I'm sick of iPhone and love this phone but working on my bike is hugely important and so for its a major fail for the note 4. Any advice?

I also don't want to have a app running all the time just sucking up my data.

I use the Sena smh10 bluetooth communication system. And is a att phone.

I've never had issues with BT integration on any android phone. This sounds more like a user not familiar with android than a problem with the OS. As mentioned, possibly the wrong combination of settings or apps being used is part of the issue. But it may just be the OP is just so used to ios that there is a learning curve. There are possibly differences in out the ios system works from the android setup. One of the reasons some like ios is being familiar with the OS, when a switch is made there is some learning curver that can appear.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't switch to an iPhone over one issue. You'd be losing a lot more, in my opinion. No replaceable battery, no expandable memory and a very rigid operating system that doesn't allow much customization. The iPhone was revolutionary when it was introduced, but it has been long-since surpassed.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't switch to an iPhone over one issue. You'd be losing a lot more, in my opinion. No replaceable battery, no expandable memory and a very rigid operating system that doesn't allow much customization. The iPhone was revolutionary when it was introduced, but it has been long-since surpassed.

Landrew is very right. You should try and make all attempts possible to stay with an android. It's proving to be the most widely used phone OS. I did a quick search on the play store. I found "BT Reader Plus" That might be something that you could use. However it didn't say anything about reading Maps, just text messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones