• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help issues with the revo

nohsp4u

Jun 22, 2011
I have a few issue with the Revo i am hoping are settings i can get help with, verizon is as useless as a hemmroid.
1) touch screen seems slow to repond, sometime 3-5 touchs to open an app.
2) when in the Car dock, the screen does not turn on the home page or phone. All others it does. this is annoying and my thundercrap turned everything the correct way.
3) when using the navigation, i cannot make a call, if i try to recieve a call, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
4) i use gmail and somehow i have two set up. when i get an email i get dual notifications but, they are different in that one opens and the layout is different than the other, one gets more emails than the other.

I have deleted all apps and the touch screen works a little better, so does this mean i have a stupid smart phone since i cannot use apps. i only had 33 downloaded but would like to use them.

any help would be appreciate as you can guess, VZ nuts have no record of these issue, try a factory reset....UGH!

I have a few issue with the Revo i am hoping are settings i can get help with, verizon is as useless as a hemmroid.
1) touch screen seems slow to repond, sometime 3-5 touchs to open an app.
2) when in the Car dock, the screen does not turn on the home page or phone. All others it does. this is annoying and my thundercrap turned everything the correct way.
3) when using the navigation, i cannot make a call, if i try to recieve a call, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
4) i use gmail and somehow i have two set up. when i get an email i get dual notifications but, they are different in that one opens and the layout is different than the other, one gets more emails than the other.

I have deleted all apps and the touch screen works a little better, so does this mean i have a stupid smart phone since i cannot use apps. i only had 33 downloaded but would like to use them.

any help would be appreciate as you can guess, VZ nuts have no record of these issue, try a factory reset....UGH!
Did this happen since the GB update? Mine is doing same thing very slow

Upvote 0
I have observed that if an app is running in the background, such as email checking or downloading emails, the touch screen will ignore my request.

Also the size of the finger has an effect on the touch screen, at least that is what I see. I presently have a damaged index finger so I have been using other fingers including my thumb and find the results for the larger fingers such as the thumb is the worse for the phone responding to the touch.

Tap sensitivity is very good, when I was a new user I though the tap was not sensitive enough, but now I think it has more to do with the speed of the tap.

If you have apps that have automatic update or other features that lets the app run your phone I can understand you complaint. Perhaps just turning off the automatic update is a good way to go. All of the check and refresh and update is likely bogging down the phone.

Upvote 0
I have observed that if an app is running in the background, such as email checking or downloading emails, the touch screen will ignore my request.

Also the size of the finger has an effect on the touch screen, at least that is what I see. I presently have a damaged index finger so I have been using other fingers including my thumb and find the results for the larger fingers such as the thumb is the worse for the phone responding to the touch.

Tap sensitivity is very good, when I was a new user I though the tap was not sensitive enough, but now I think it has more to do with the speed of the tap.

If you have apps that have automatic update or other features that lets the app run your phone I can understand you complaint. Perhaps just turning off the automatic update is a good way to go. All of the check and refresh and update is likely bogging down the phone.

No updates on and same size fingers as before Gingerbread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones