1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Its hard to be patient, waiting for the Epic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gme109, Aug 20, 2010.

1. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male

Advertisement

JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I thought we were all for the freedom of expression on this forum?

The wait is killing me as well, though.

I went to T-Mobile and AT&T to look at their Galaxy S devices... I can't wait for the Epic 4G to get here.

3. blitz118

blitz118 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    I can't wait to get it as well and it's not even for me. l'm getting it for my wife, but I'll get to play with it.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    i broke down and put my $50 down at the local best buy today. i was holding out to see if they or radio shack would give some freebies with pre-orders, but i was only the second person in their pre-order folder. i have a feel the price put a bit of a damper on pre-orders.

5. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I was going to do the same, but turns out there only like 5 people on the list. It's very likely that the price is playing a large role in the lack of pre-orders... I say that just mean I will have mine on release day. :cool:

6. PDAGuy

PDAGuy Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Well, the pre-orders are done so good for you that not lots of people there on the list but from what I've seen this is going to be another high-demand phone for sprint. Good for them.

7. cbanks

cbanks Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Pitty me. I choked on the price so I'm holding out for an Epic. :eek:

Well, only until October 1. No phone? It's bye-bye Sprint!

8. cbanks

cbanks Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I agree 100%. It's why I've rejected the Epic. If Sprint can stock them and charge $200 like every other Android phone on the market, I'll probably bite. I'm even getting over choking over the $15 more per month my service will cost because Sprint is imposing a bogus plan minimum and charging a $10 surcharge for their less than stellar 4G.

I have a sinking feeling that by the time Sprint drops the price my contract will be up and I'll be with another carrier.

9. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Female
    Manager
    Oregon
    I absolutely can't wait! Only 10 more days! Those will be some long a*s days.

10. stephenandrew

stephenandrew New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    We will have to wait couple of weeks then Epic will be unearth. It is definitely a good smartphone as compared to HTC EVO 4G in many respects.

11. chill145

chill145 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    anybody know if i'd be able to play with the phone before i purchase it. i just got the evo yesterday and love it so far.

but i still want to check out the epic as i've heard great things on it and i have it preordered at the sprint store. but would you recommend setting up another account and trying it out for a while and then return the one i don't like?

12. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    the sprint stores usually have a working one on display for you to play with. good luck getting in line for it.

the evo is a great device, can't go wrong with either.

13. chill145

Aug 7, 2010
    yeah i mean i love the evo so far but i think any upgrade from my phone i would've loved.

i still think i'll go to the sprint store and check it out just so i don't miss out on something i might like more. downloading a movie now to see how it looks on it and will probably do a game later tonight

14. walord

walord Active Member

May 27, 2010
    Tell me about it. I was first waiting for the EVO then I heard rumor of the Galaxy S Pro. I've been waiting for a decent phone since March and for this phone since June...

15. RussoSerb

RussoSerb Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Dang, I can't wait either. I think I will pack my tent and setup outside Radio Shack till MY Epic arrives! hahaha. :D Only kidding. I have one on reserve.

16. The-Chef

The-Chef Member

Aug 22, 2010
    I'm a Chef, Obviously
    Irving, TX
    I have a time crunch inbetween dropping my daughter off at school at 8:00, and getting to work at 10:00. Anybody care to hazard a guess at what the line will be like for those of us who pre-ordered?

17. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Female
    Manager
    Oregon
    I am going to guess that it won't take more than 40 minutes at the store I am going to. :D That will be from when I step in the store until I step out.

18. Xenx

Xenx Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I've got it bad... I've had the Evo up until last week. I was forced to make a difficult decision.

The cpu fan on my gaming computer went out. I had just enough money to pay for the Epic. I had to either go without a computer for 6 weeks, go without the Evo (sell) for 2 weeks, or not get the Epic until at least 4 weeks after release.

Its all I can do, spending almost my entire work day reading reviews and news on the phone.

19. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I returned my Evo on the 29th day because I knew the Epic was coming. For the past few weeks I have had to rely on a POS LG flip phone. I call it a POS because it stopped charging due to the contact being screwed up. I am relying on google voice to my land line in order to make calls for the next week. When I am out and about, I am completely cut off. I can't wait for Tuesday......

20. Xenx

Xenx Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Everett, WA

And here I thought I had it rough falling back to my Pre.

21. Jebus Christ

Dec 22, 2009
    Yeah, getting the epic will be like being reconnected with a long lost friend. It's going to be great.

Hell right now I would just be happy if I had a phone that worked for call and text. In few weeks with the flip phone, I've became re assimilated with T9.

22. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Oh god the horror. :(

But hey, Swype is made by the same gentleman who made T9 so thats a plus I guess.

23. chill145

Aug 7, 2010
    when you get the epic is it going be the $249 price or no. i'm in the same boat, just got an evo with a 2 year contract but my 30 days would be up next month sometime so if i decide i like the epic better it will still be $249 right.

this is probably a dumb question but i don't want to go to sprint and it being more than $249. also would i get that money back returning the evo?

24. keenan6

keenan6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009

yes,

if you were eligible to get the EVO at their discounted price, then you will get the EPIC for $249. As long as you return the EVO within the 30 days.

chill145 likes this.
  25. Jebus Christ

Dec 22, 2009
    See I'm just a phone *explicit*, I paid full price for the Evo because I was coming from a Hero(which I sold to partially pay for the Evo),I returned the Evo and paid the restocking fee for it because I wasn't really happy with it.

I will be paying ful price for the Epic as well but at this point I could care less.

I might ask em how much it would cost to terminate my line then just open another line.