• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've come to expect being disappointed, but doesnt mean I have to like it.

Maxx

Sep 24, 2008
So another convention goes by, and AT&T not so much wow's us but makes us shake our heads at their incredible idiocy. I swear...I have great coverage where I am and yet I yearn to jump ship and just pay whatever fees it would take to do so.

The Backflop with googleness stripped. It's already an unimpressive phone but they took a mediocre phone and made it worse!

The Dell Aero...this thing is turning out to be a dud as well. Specs are nothing next to it's 5" big brother and we still don't know where it's really going. And the whole lockdown on apps only from the market is a typical AT&T maneuver.

And still no idea about their exclusive HTC phone, but I fear whatever they do get will either be underpowered or just plain junk, but as long as it's rootable it might end up being ok.

I'm going to give them to July...then I guess I'll just upgrade to an Iphone 3GS, ebay it, and get me a Nexus One...the only shining light in this sea of junk.

I dont know if i can wait that long though, its been hard enough to wait over a year for ATT to even bring an android. I had originally said i would give them to last week during ctia to announce something good... what did they do... dell Aero. I just dont know if i can keep holding off for more disappointment time and time again. We dont even know that will get the Desire... its just pure speculation. HTC even said they didnt have one in process for the US. Ive been so close to purchasing the N1 over the last weeks, but now im thinking even more about just dumping ATT and all their crap and move on.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've had my iphone for almost two years now, and ended up trading it to a friend for the backflip. Not the greatest deal, but the iphone was beat up, so it was worth it. I have a chance at upgrading in late April and my 2 year contract is up in August. I've been trying to figure out if I want to sell the backflip and upgrade back to an iphone 3gs, sell that and get a n1, or switch carriers.

Ever since I moved I've had crappy service, and now that I have the backflip my reception has been even worse.

I've been trying to get info on the other companies coverage in my area, but most of the people I know are on ATT. I was looking at Sprint because of price, and Verizon just because it's the only other service provider any of my friends use, and only a couple at that.

Let us know how it works out for you, I'm really interested, because the backflip is pretty much trash. I was really hoping it wouldn't suck, and what's worse is I do like it more than the iphone 3g.

Upvote 0
Yeah if 4g was already set up here, I'd be all over that phone and $69 plan. Since we're a decent cell market I'm hoping it'll roll out soon. I'm just flat out sick of not even being able to make a phone call from inside my house. Sometimes it'll ring and I can answer it, and texts/mms work fine, just voice sucks. Data obviously isn't an issue with wifi.

ATT, of course, is arguing with me about the poor coverage, and despite calling in and complaining for the past almost two years, they tell me, basically, oh well. So much for being a valued customer since 06.

Upvote 0
you know I was actually thinking about that.

I was thinking I want to get a smart phone.. and code a program to torrent a file 24/7 .. have a reserved amount of data say 500 megs download.. delete.. then redownload

Then if they ever complain throw that whole bs "unlimited' part in their face.

Upvote 0
Set your phone to "roam only"

Make a call to another phone.

Leave it on all night.

Do this every night.

Att will "let" you out of the contract.

Either that, or stream radio all night every night lolol.

I'll have to go ahead and start doing this for sure, at least the data part. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully the combo of me complaining every day about the inability to use my phone in my house for calls and the streaming something all day while I sleep works. I'm beyond sick of having to sit on my porch to get more than one bar. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones