• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ive got mine thread

My only real gripe so far is the overheating which turns the brightness down

I'd like to hear more about what conditions trigger overheating, and clarification about brightness. Does it only turn it down if one has it set to full 100% brightness?

How hot does it get, and for how long?

On average all my various phones are set to 75% brightness which works for me.

Finally a bit more info on battery life is greatly appreciated. I'm very serous about buying one from my AT&T store on Friday, their release day.

Thanks.. :)

Upvote 0
Proud owner of a G3 as of yesterday. We were at Costco and by being a member the G3 was $0 on a 2 year contract plus a OtterBox Defender for $0 as well. At the same time I paid out my existing contract with a carrier who's speed and signal have been getting worse. I was with them for 12 years and they didn't even try to retain me, wow! At least now I'm on true LTE and what a difference. I've come from a HTC Desire to Samsung S2X to Nexus 4 and now LG G3. :D

Upvote 0
Proud owner of a G3 as of yesterday. We were at Costco and by being a member the G3 was $0 on a 2 year contract plus a OtterBox Defender for $0 as well. At the same time I paid out my existing contract with a carrier who's speed and signal have been getting worse. I was with them for 12 years and they didn't even try to retain me, wow! At least now I'm on true LTE and what a difference. I've come from a HTC Desire to Samsung S2X to Nexus 4 and now LG G3. :D

Noice!! :thumbup: Can't beat that deal!!

Reactions: andruoid
Upvote 0
I might have had mine for a few months (well, since October) but it's still by-far my best Android phone. Highly recommend Nova Launcher Prime though. i'm not a fan of the uber-flat, colorless launcher when i have a QHD screen to play with. sadly, icon packs don't seem supported by the customization found on the stock launcher so Nova all the way.

Upvote 0
Nova Launcher Prime is indeed a great solution, especially for those of you who are new (Welcome :)) to Android and want to try an easy yet very effective way to change the look and feel of your phone.

There's both a free and paid version. So inexpensive, the paid version is certainly worth the money and personally I feel very good about paying the developers that choose to create Android Apps. Therefore I always look for paid versions. Not to mention they're always the best.

To the topic of apps I'm happy to report that Android apps are getting better and better as well as more plentiful by the day. This is not news to the pros and serious enthusiasts among us, but worth mentioning for those who are new.

Androids have never looked better.

Reactions: andruoid
Upvote 0
Hello all,

I just upgraded from the Galaxy S3 yesterday and decided to go with the G3 over the Galaxy S5. I'm real excited about getting into the details. First think I need to do is go through the tips and tricks thread.

I had an "Invisible Shield" screen protector to hopefully protect the phone's screen from getting broken. Is a case necessary as well? I got sick of all the bulk my Otterbox added to my S3 and quit using it (and of course eventually broke my screen).

I guess other than that, is there anything else I need to know about my new gadget? I'm with AT&T if it matters.

Upvote 0
There supposedly a common issue where the case cracks at the site of the headphone jack (I think). I have a case and this crack has yet to happen to my phone. I would recommend a case. I use
Amazon.com: JOTO LG G3 Case - Hybrid Tri Layer Armor Cover Case with Kickstand (Flexible TPU + double Hard PC), Exclusive for LG G3 Smartphone (2014) ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, International and Unlocked (Silver, Black): JOTO: Cell Phones & Acce

Some of the metallic covering on this case has flaked off, but it's still a great case and not too bulky.

Upvote 0
There supposedly a common issue where the case cracks at the site of the headphone jack (I think). I have a case and this crack has yet to happen to my phone. I would recommend a case. I use
Amazon.com: JOTO LG G3 Case - Hybrid Tri Layer Armor Cover Case with Kickstand (Flexible TPU + double Hard PC), Exclusive for LG G3 Smartphone (2014) ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, International and Unlocked (Silver, Black): JOTO: Cell Phones & Acce

Some of the metallic covering on this case has flaked off, but it's still a great case and not too bulky.

Mines holding up very well, but all my Samsung Androids have. They're really great Smartphones.

As far as the specific tendency to crack near the headphone jack, mine was ok, but feeling left out I took a hammer to it and to my surprise it cracked :eek:

Just kidding...ha...ha...ha :)

Upvote 0
Just got mine this week as well, came from a Galaxy S3. This phone is blowing me away. I guess reviews are pretty nitpicky these days, because i love everything about this phone. I find it fast and smooth, with a sharp and bright screen, and good battery life-it lasts me a full day with about 20% to spare. Part of it must be because it's such a massive jump from an S3, but i couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0
Hi all I'm new to LG I have Samsung everything but I think they are now to much like Apple "and god I hate Apple".

So got my G3 on Tuesday (23/11) I upgraded from a Note 2 in October to a HTC One m8, but it just didn't feel right don't know why maybe its because I have had only Samsung smartphones, but sold my m8 and got a G3 and I love it should have waited for this when I upgraded in October. I have put Next Launcher 3D on but I'm thinking of going back to stock like I have always used, I have only used a Launcher on my m8 for the above reasons.

I have found the battery brilliant I full charged it (wirelessly) the day I got it, then use it for 7 hours straight to set it up and use it and I mean 7 hours. I have my phones set to auto brightness with it set to 100%, I find it hard to keep looking at a 100% brightness on a screen now, I think if all of you above set your own screens lower than they are now for at least a week you would find it hard to look at, just try it.

I also have unlimited data on T mobile UK so everything data is set to on and I still get to the end of the day with 30% to 40% left and I use my phone for music, video, internet and Sky GO all the time.

But anyway that's my 2 penny worth I love it wont be getting rid of it any time soon, but I do miss the speakers on the m8 but I think the G3 speaker is better than the Note 2 so I'm going in the right way.

Paul

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones