• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jawbone Icon A2DP added

From my personal experience it's OK. I had been shopping around for a bluetooth headset, mainly with A2DP. Once I saw the Icon supported it now I jumped on it. Let's just say it's not for the music lovers. I like my music with that Boom Boom Pow, and a THUD. I like Bass. The headset isn't far enough in the ear canal to give the overall quality sound. It's great on calls, but if you're bored walking around the store it's ok for music, but not for quality. If you want quality music, just stick with other in ear headphones.

Upvote 0
***New Update***
Go to MyTalk - plug in Jawbone Icon - edit advanced settings - option for long press volume control or noise assassin toggle.

Choose volume control, update the headset and DURING a call you can raise and lower volume. I *believe* that it does make the set louder as well as enabling volume up and down remotely.
Mine sounds louder but maybe it's the placebo effect.
Nick

Upvote 0
Just got mine, also happy with it so far.

Question, how long did it take your ear to get used to it? I'm using the inner ear holder (no ear loop) and my ear gets a little sore after an hour or so. No big deal but was wondering other's experiences.

Thanks.

And no, ISSANE, I didn't bother to search it.

Upvote 0

Question, how long did it take your ear to get used to it? I'm using the inner ear holder (no ear loop) and my ear gets a little sore after an hour or so. No big deal but was wondering other's experiences.

Thanks.

Thanks for respecting the board's bandwidth.
Despite that a$$ of a comment, I will give you actual feedback.

Everyone's different. I use the bud designed to sit in your ear (the pointy one) WITH the earloop most times. I found myself going from the medium to the big, to the medium and now back to the big. I am still adjusting myself.

Upvote 0
Mine easily lasts the whole day and I use it constantly. Maybe its your settings.

Maybe you are right, but in the forums for Jawbone many users are having the same problem. I work in Real Estate and use my headset a lot. There are a few variables that help drain the battery of my ICON faster, but the battery life is not very good. Other headsets I have used have lasted much longer, but of course do not offer the same voice quality.
It could also be cause I am using an old Motorola phone and perhaps that is also a contributing factor. Hopefully if the Galaxy S is released for T-mobile, maybe the bluetooth will be more efficient and allow better battery life. I get around 2.5-3 hours talk time, not the 4.5 of what they claim.

Upvote 0

Thanks.

My ear used to hurt with the inner ear, but after a week of using it quite a bit my ear must have gotten used to it, because it no longer hurts.

Fyi, my headset broke, i can no longer get any sound. A technician tried to help me but I am getting it RMA'd. I had it on my desk and the next day it stopped working. Hopefully the new headset will have a better battery time.

Upvote 0
I "think" people have used these with ICONs
Not sure though

ref=dp_image_0

Jabra eargels

Upvote 0
Expensive is right! They want $79 for an eargel? I guess if they have to make it special just for me that seems reasonable to them. But I think an old Jabra eargel might do the trick just as well.

I spent about $80 on a custom eargel, and it's one of the best phone related investments I've ever made. I got mine to work with a Jawbone 2 a year ago, and just upgraded to a Jawbone Icon and the eargel works perfectly. It isolates the sound so well that you can lower the volume significantly, and because it fits my ear perfectly, I can wear it for hours at a time with no discomfort. And as long as they use the same size earpieces, you can upgrade your headset and keep the same eargel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones