• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean 4.1+

Android 6.0 will be realeased by time ZTE gets to this update lol. Which s why when yiu purchase a phone look at the manufacturers track record. Samsung upgrades most if not all of their devices (cough *the prevail* cough), LG promised at least one upgrade for all if their devices which is exteremely reassuring. Motorola has made a change so who knows but ZTE lets their devices blow in the wind without looking back at them. Notice how long it took them to get to the sequent. The sequent is almost 100% stock android so its not like ZTE was working on a system ui upgrade (like HTC does with sense or Samsung does with Touchwiz). All im saying is to upgrade the force should not be a 2-3 year process when HTC can upgrade the One SV to 4.1 with Sense layered over it.

Upvote 0
Android 6.0 will be realeased by time ZTE gets to this update lol. Which s why when yiu purchase a phone look at the manufacturers track record. Samsung upgrades most if not all of their devices (cough *the prevail* cough), LG promised at least one upgrade for all if their devices which is exteremely reassuring. Motorola has made a change so who knows but ZTE lets their devices blow in the wind without looking back at them. Notice how long it took them to get to the sequent. The sequent is almost 100% stock android so its not like ZTE was working on a system ui upgrade (like HTC does with sense or Samsung does with Touchwiz). All im saying is to upgrade the force should not be a 2-3 year process when HTC can upgrade the One SV to 4.1 with Sense layered over it.

Lol the only reason why the prevail was even updated to gingerbread is because the reviews were horrible and the were countless of problems with the phone GB didn't fix them all but it certainly helped. Please remember that the manufacturer doesn't have all the say whether a phone gets the next android OS upgrade. The carrier has input on it as well. The carrier tells the manufacturer whether they want the phone to be updated to the next android version or not. This agreement between the carrier and manufacturer is usually done before the phone is actually released unless, its urgent after the release.. So somewhere in boost secret files there's probably something that says whether the Force will ever get the next android OS update. Also keep in mind that even though it might take long while for an update to come. Its a huge process. It took almost 10 months after the release of the sequent to finally get JB. Compiling bug fixing looking for bugs etc. Then its sent off to the carrier for testing. Yes the carrier has to test the new update with their networks for a good 2-3 months. A while back when someone asked ZTE what's taking so long with the sequent update, the Rep replied saying that sprint is now testing for approval.

I'm not disagreeing with you I will admit ZTE is crap when it comes to stuff like these including releasing their source but point blank, we aren't one of their flagship devices so we're not exactly that important we won't get updates as fast as the device they care about would its just all a money making busy.

Upvote 0
Lol the only reason why the prevail was even updated to gingerbread is because the reviews were horrible and the were countless of problems with the phone GB didn't fix them all but it certainly helped. Please remember that the manufacturer doesn't have all the say whether a phone gets the next android OS upgrade. The carrier has input on it as well. The carrier tells the manufacturer whether they want the phone to be updated to the next android version or not. This agreement between the carrier and manufacturer is usually done before the phone is actually released unless, its urgent after the release.. So somewhere in boost secret files there's probably something that says whether the Force will ever get the next android OS update. Also keep in mind that even though it might take long while for an update to come. Its a huge process. It took almost 10 months after the release of the sequent to finally get JB. Compiling bug fixing looking for bugs etc. Then its sent off to the carrier for testing. Yes the carrier has to test the new update with their networks for a good 2-3 months. A while back when someone asked ZTE what's taking so long with the sequent update, the Rep replied saying that sprint is now testing for approval.

I'm not disagreeing with you I will admit ZTE is crap when it comes to stuff like these including releasing their source but point blank, we aren't one of their flagship devices so we're not exactly that important we won't get updates as fast as the device they care about would its just all a money making busy.

I totally agree, but all im saying is why update almost all of your latest devices your showcasing for sale to JellyBean except for the Force which btw they call the BOOST force. Even the Warp deserved an update to ICS but that never happened and from my POV after having both the prevail and warp, the prevail on froyo was way better of than the warp in general lol. I underatnad the process but like you said, an update is a 2 way street. Sprint may have given ZTE the OK to update the force but its up to ZTE at that point to get to work (which they wont -_-). My main problem with this whole situation is how the force and one SV came out on the same day. Fast track 4 months later, the Force has not seen one single update while the One SV is getting jellybean :p the phone game is a tough one to play.

P.S.: thanks for clearing up the process, almost completely forgot carrier involvement in my first post :)

Upvote 0
I totally agree, but all im saying is why update almost all of your latest devices your showcasing for sale to JellyBean except for the Force which btw they call the BOOST force. Even the Warp deserved an update to ICS but that never happened and from my POV after having both the prevail and warp, the prevail on froyo was way better of than the warp in general lol. I underatnad the process but like you said, an update is a 2 way street. Sprint may have given ZTE the OK to update the force but its up to ZTE at that point to get to work (which they wont -_-). My main problem with this whole situation is how the force and one SV came out on the same day. Fast track 4 months later, the Force has not seen one single update while the One SV is getting jellybean :p the phone game is a tough one to play.

P.S.: thanks for clearing up the process, almost completely forgot carrier involvement in my first post :)

Hahah yeah, I bet you that they would have updated the warp to ICS but I'm assuming that the son if a guns already had plans to make the sequent. I think that you and I can both agree that the prevail and warp are probably boost worst android phones ever released. Which is why they made up for it buy releasing the sequent and now they are dropping the prevail 2. Have you heard? Deff a major spec upgrade from the original prevail. Yeah ZTE sucks and they're slower than a turtle.

I'm waiting to see how long before they release. The jb kernel source for the sequent. Might have to slap them in the face with a class action lawsuit to remind them that its required to release their sources by law.

Upvote 0
Hahah yeah, I bet you that they would have updated the warp to ICS but I'm assuming that the son if a guns already had plans to make the sequent. I think that you and I can both agree that the prevail and warp are probably boost worst android phones ever released. Which is why they made up for it buy releasing the sequent and now they are dropping the prevail 2. Have you heard? Deff a major spec upgrade from the original prevail. Yeah ZTE sucks and they're slower than a turtle.

I'm waiting to see how long before they release. The jb kernel source for the sequent. Might have to slap them in the face with a class action lawsuit to remind them that its required to release their sources by law.

ZTE is a nuisance. I would love to see them in court lol. And as far as the Prevail II, it is one hell of an upgrade from the original, the only thing that is not making want to give it my wallet is no 4G (wimax or LTE). I might just chill with the one SV, its a pretty solid device and jelly bean is nothing to complain about. What phone do you use currently or are planning on getting?

Upvote 0
ZTE is a nuisance. I would love to see them in court lol. And as far as the Prevail II, it is one hell of an upgrade from the original, the only thing that is not making want to give it my wallet is no 4G (wimax or LTE). I might just chill with the one SV, its a pretty solid device and jelly bean is nothing to complain about. What phone do you use currently or are planning on getting?

I'm with the sequent, great phone horrible manufacturer lol. I upgraded from the transform ultra and on the inside the specs of both phones are kind of similar. Same processor but the ultra is clocked at 1ghz with 512mb of ram while the sequent is clocked at 1.4 GHz and 76mb of ram and the ultra preforms better than the sequent to be honest. I think that shows you how much ZTE polishes their system before release compared to Samsung. While the ultra was technically running my awesome rom MegaTron;) the sequent is right now on stock with a few tweaks. I refused to build a Megatron in ICS for it. Overall ICS is truly buggy. So I'm just waiting on that butter smooth UI and hope that ZTE did it right before I start MegaTron for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones