• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The Spec 2 is getting Jelly Bean starting this week.

"This afternoon (23 April), Verizon approved the Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” update, build number VS93021B for the LG Spectrum 2. With Jelly Bean comes a ton of great features like Google Now, expandable notifications, camera software enhancements and more.

Along with Jelly Bean, they have fixed some other things such as their NFC LG Tag software, their stock weather application has been updated, and a few of the pre-loaded widgets on the device have been removed (Social+, Today+, Power Control, etc.).

If you are the owner of the Spectrum 2, expect to see this update start rolling out sometime this week to your phone."

[Credit: Droid Life]

It just gets better and better. Now if we can get some custom Roms.

Terry

Reactions: GrammieDroid
This JB update is great. When my Spectrum 2 was on ICS it kept freezing/hanging up and lagging constantly, after the JB update if it does hang up momentarily it fixes itself within seconds, and I've only had it freeze once in a whole month (as opposed to 3-4 times a day with ICS). Good job LG! Now just hire a competent team of Korean-English translators and you'll have yourself a flawless little device.

Upvote 0
One thing that I absolutely cannot figure out and seems to have been removed either by verizon or LG or simply by the JB update is the ability to change what application launches when you're selecting the ringtone through the system dialogue. An android phone is similar to a miniature linux laptop these days; why would such an obvious feature be removed? is it just me or does anyone else have this problem? and if so, is there a fix? (NOT a workaround; I shouldn't be limited by the settings in MY phone when I know it's fully capable of doing exactly what I want(fully capable as in I could do it yesterday afternoon before accepting the update), not what someone else wants(*cough* vcast *cough*). this is why we bought android and not iphone right?? and I already know about copying files into the ringtone folder which is a WORKAROUND, not a solution.)

Upvote 0
One thing that I absolutely cannot figure out and seems to have been removed either by verizon or LG or simply by the JB update is the ability to change what application launches when you're selecting the ringtone through the system dialogue. An android phone is similar to a miniature linux laptop these days; why would such an obvious feature be removed? is it just me or does anyone else have this problem? and if so, is there a fix? (NOT a workaround; I shouldn't be limited by the settings in MY phone when I know it's fully capable of doing exactly what I want(fully capable as in I could do it yesterday afternoon before accepting the update), not what someone else wants(*cough* vcast *cough*). this is why we bought android and not iphone right?? and I already know about copying files into the ringtone folder which is a WORKAROUND, not a solution.)

Sounds like you need to clear defaults. Find whichever app opens when you select a ringtone, find it in Settings > Application Manager, and select "Clear Defaults".

Reactions: GrammieDroid
Upvote 0
anyone root jellbean yet?

HOW TO ROOT THE NEW JB 4.1.2 UPDATE FOR THE SPECTRUM 2

FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW TO ROOT YOUR SPECTRUM 2
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.
Credit: djrbliss

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, >Settings >Developer Options >OK >USB debugging.
  • USB Connectivity set to internet connection, >Settings >Programs >Connectivity >USB Connection Type >Ethernet Connection
  • Download >"LG Spectrum 2 USB drivers" for your pc
  • Always do a backup before rooting, Link >How to Backup & Restore

STEPS TO ROOTING YOUR LG SPECTRUM 2:
  1. Download and unzip this file >motochopper.zip
  2. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
  3. Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for your Spectrum 2 device
  4. Make sure to have debugging enabled
  5. Run the script for your OS ("run.bat" for Windows, or "./run.sh" for Linux)
  6. Enjoy!

Please Click "[✓Like]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
CLICK ON TO SEE >SPECTRUM 2 ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones