• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Join the Phandroid Folding@home Team! - 56k Warning

I agree, we need more members here. There are over 1,000,000 members on this forum, but only 54 people joined, but 10 are active. I may want to try out some other similar software from Intel if I start to loose hope in the team. Not that I will ever loose hope with Android.

What If they made this software for android devices?

Maybe if a link to this thread was posted on the main page of the forum (in the side bar), maybe more will notice it and join.

Like this, maybe.

Ij1ihmr.png

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
I think BOINC would be a good section to place here. Bonic better fits the android community rather than Folding@home, because we are all android users right? Imagine the same thing as FAH but on your phone. I recently was searching the internet and come across this website that is similar to Folding@home, but you can use you android device to do basically the same thing.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/ms/viewDownloadAgain.do

you can download this app for android and you can participate of the World community grid. What do you think. Do you guys think that this should be its own section on the forums? Would it be good for me to contact a Moderator to see if this can get going?

I'm now devoting both of my computers to Boinc and the World Community Grid. I like that I can have all my devices tied to one account.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
I think BOINC would be a good section to place here. Bonic better fits the android community rather than Folding@home, because we are all android users right? Imagine the same thing as FAH but on your phone.

I'm now devoting both of my computers to Boinc and the World Community Grid. I like that I can have all my devices tied to one account.

I've been waiting for something like this. When I get my new phone, I'll see what battery's like, and then I'll have this running when I'm at home (any idea if I can just run it off one or two cores? :p)

Any idea if BIONC is any better to run on my PC rather than FAH? Not sure which I want to support (or both)

Upvote 0
I've been waiting for something like this. When I get my new phone, I'll see what battery's like, and then I'll have this running when I'm at home (any idea if I can just run it off one or two cores? :p)

Any idea if BIONC is any better to run on my PC rather than FAH? Not sure which I want to support (or both)

You can get more points from Your desktop but running off your phone or tablet works too. You can choose to run it on battery or only to run while its connected to the charger, you can also choose how many cores you can utilize,

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones