• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Juice Defender or the Stock Battery Manager?

dabomb224

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
I have been playing around with the program "Juice Defender" for the past couple of days, and I haven't really noticed much of a difference in battery life. For the uninitiated, this program allows you to control (with a greater degree of precision) when the 3G will turn on or off, which in theory should allow for much greater battery life.

Now when I installed Juice Defender, I had already set up my stock Battery Manager set to Battery Saver mode, with Data turning off after 15 minutes of no use. The question is, does Juice Defender conflict with the standard Battery Manager? For instance, if my Battery Manager has turned off Data in my off-peak hours, will Juice Defender turn it back on based on its "Enable data 3 mins for every 15 mins" setting?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones