• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just a quicky

Hi All

I'm a newby so please break me in gently, I have been trying for some time to try and get an image to fit correctly on my desire s, I want the image ('Keep Calm and Carry On' in dark purple) to just occupy the main screen and for the other screens just to have the purple background. Can this be done?

The second thing is can I have the phone set so that during certain hours 11pm-8am the internet connection automatically cuts off, so that I'm not using data through the night.

Thanks in advance for any help and HELLO.

In relation to the timing thing, I've just had a search on here and found -

"Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> and now uncheck the bottom option that says "Enable always-on mobile data" (under it does say "uses more power on some mobile networks). This will disable the "constant" communication the phone might have on. However, it does not disable the active sync. So having active sync on for google, HTC sense and weather still work (these are the active syncs I have on)."

The only reason I had the "Enable always-on mobile data" ticked was for Gmail, I thought without it ticked I wouldn't get my virtually-real-time email alerts and that the only things that bothered me. Facebook, BBC News and other apps I prefer to have on a sync when I want it basis rather than updating every X amount of minutes.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Timeriffic is probably easier to set up than Easyprofiles, although it doesn't have as many features.

Neither Timeriffic nor Easyprofiles can switch mobile data on/off by themselves on an unrooted Desire S. Instead there's a 'work-around' by using the APN settings. For Timeriffic, you'll need to install apndroid so it can do this. I don't use Timeriffic, so don't know how it works. But with EasyProfiles, I've created a 'null' APN profile which I use when I want to turn the mobile data settings off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones