• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just bought a used Galaxy s4 - should I factor reset?

netrate

Aug 6, 2013
I just purchased a galaxy s4 (the camera works intermittently apparently). I was wondering do most people factor reset a phone when they get it? Does this help it - for example, I know that a reinstall of windows on a computer helps it work faster because it eliminates the cluttered filing systems. Does the same hold for phones?

I would think a Factory Reset is your best option, you don't know what kind of customization the previous owner did (good or bad). It might even restore the camera's functionality. But taking over a used phone that's as 'clean' as possible to start with is more optimal, that way you know if something is 'odd' it's because of a change you made and not something that's from its previous owner. Also, as you start using your 'new' phone more you don't want to mess with a mix of your and his files.
http://androidfact.com/galaxy-s4-reset/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones