• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got a GS2 and getting slow speed

I don't know why but my new GS2 is getting slow data speeds...My girlfriend's Atrix 2 gets consistently 5 to 6+mbps. Using the same server, my GS2 only pulls in 2-3mbps. My family members also got GS2s and I'm seeing similar results on their phones.

I tried Speedtest app, Speakeasy site, AT&T speed test...Does the GS2 just have a bad antenna? I thought this was supposed to be a great phone. It says H+ so I know there's 4G reception..

We just activated our accounts today. Maybe it's because the number transfer is still in process with T-Mobile. My girlfriend has had AT&T for a while.

I guess it's not THAT big of a deal. I was just really stuck between getting GS2 and Atrix 2. Chose the GS2 because of all the raving reviews, and now I see my girlfriend's A2 getting twice the download speeds, lol.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones