• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Ordered a G2x

gigg423

Jan 25, 2011
OK, I just ordered my G2X from T-mobile and it should be here today. I did some searching and I ran across a few very unflattering comments regarding this device. It seems those comments are from middle of 2011, so I am hoping these people were using 2.2 and the update to 2.3 corrected most complaints. I do not want to load a custom ROM on this phone, I would only root it, to enable tethering maybe.

It seems in this forum there are not a lot of complaints with this phone, so I am hoping it is a decent little phone.

Do you guys have any major issues with the stock 2.3 build on this phone?

thanks. I just got them , and the only thing I notice so far is that there is no CRT animation when I put the phone to sleep. I thought this was standard on 2.3. Any suggestions?

I have to say my previous phone was an optimus with a 600Mhz cpu. This phone is crazy fast as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones