1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just ordered my Note off Ebay :-) (AT&T)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dino024, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Dino024

Dino024 Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Well I could not hold out any longer so I went ahead a purchased a Samsung Note from ebay for 700.00 unlocked of course... Ive always been a Apple type person but I really think this phone is gonna blow any Apple device out of the water. I know the HSPA+ and 3G network will only work on the Note but its no big deal to me...

I have a few questions, when ICS software does land on the note how will I be able to download the new software? Will I have to wait till ATT releases the update or will I have to update a different way since its unlocked???

I'm coming from an iPhone 4S so i know I'm gonna need a new sim card... If there is any other things I need to know please let a brotha know :)

opinion: if i wanna sell the note later, will the note be more desirable being unlocked?

Advertisement

2. bucsfan

bucsfan Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    congrats i was ready to do that too untill i got scared away from doing it i was told you couldn't get any insurance for it or it wouldn't have LTE also i think you have to order a adapter for the charger not that its a big deal you should do a review once you get it you are very lucky cheers!!!

3. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Update from At&t will only be for "At&t branded" phones. Update(s) for unlocked phones will come from Sammy, or google.

Dino024 likes this.
  4. bucsfan

bucsfan Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    good info but what about phone updates that have to do with the actual phone service you cant get that from those two

5. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Updates such as...? If there are any "carrier specific" updates for a "carrier branded phone", they would not be applicable to an unlocked/non-carrier branded phone. Much like an At&t branded update for "their Note" would not apply to a "Rogers" or "Telus" branded Note.

6. gyozaman

gyozaman Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    I have been charging my Note with my blackberry charger (with micro USB tip) for the last 2 weeks with no problems. BB charger is 5 voltes, 700 mA.

The original charger for the Note is 5 volt, 1 amp.