• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered my Note off Ebay :-) (AT&T)

Dino024

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
Well I could not hold out any longer so I went ahead a purchased a Samsung Note from ebay for 700.00 unlocked of course... Ive always been a Apple type person but I really think this phone is gonna blow any Apple device out of the water. I know the HSPA+ and 3G network will only work on the Note but its no big deal to me...

I have a few questions, when ICS software does land on the note how will I be able to download the new software? Will I have to wait till ATT releases the update or will I have to update a different way since its unlocked???

I'm coming from an iPhone 4S so i know I'm gonna need a new sim card... If there is any other things I need to know please let a brotha know :)

opinion: if i wanna sell the note later, will the note be more desirable being unlocked?

congrats i was ready to do that too untill i got scared away from doing it i was told you couldn't get any insurance for it or it wouldn't have LTE also i think you have to order a adapter for the charger not that its a big deal you should do a review once you get it you are very lucky cheers!!!

Upvote 0
congrats i was ready to do that too untill i got scared away from doing it i was told you couldn't get any insurance for it or it wouldn't have LTE also i think you have to order a adapter for the charger not that its a big deal you should do a review once you get it you are very lucky cheers!!!

I have been charging my Note with my blackberry charger (with micro USB tip) for the last 2 weeks with no problems. BB charger is 5 voltes, 700 mA.

The original charger for the Note is 5 volt, 1 amp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones