• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted and having problems with recovery.

Doug,
Good to see you here on AF. I've come across several threads you've been involved with on other forums in my travels. You've done a lot for the community. My involvement lately has been spotty but I heard awhile back that Koush applied a fix for the SLCD's. You hear anything about that? Just wondering if a guy can reflash recovery in Rom Manager or if the Adrynalyne fix is the only route still.

He had one but it was pulled as I am sure you know. The only way as of now is Adrynalyne's version. You can flash either through Hboot or reusing the root tool with his recovery selected.

And thank you for the nice comments. Every time I am about to post here you seem to have already answered it. Hence the lack of posts I have. Well done.

Upvote 0
Honestly there needs to be much more awareness on this site to warn people that you can brick your SLCD device very easily, had I not owned several android phones, and have experience rooting phones, etc. I would have been a goner. Thanks again GMB for your help. PEACE!

Well there is a post here by Iowabowtech, and on Droidforums and Incredible forums on how to unroot correctly. Just seems everyone finds that one single post.

Upvote 0
yea uhm, im sorry if im asking to much, but could you make a video of doing this? im getting tired of not knowing what my phone is doing, i put the img on the root of the SD put it in the phone, booted in hboot, and i pressed up after exactly a minute, then up again exactly 5 minutes later, and then one more time 9 minutes later.
its doing nothing..

nicker95@gmail.com

Upvote 0
yea uhm, im sorry if im asking to much, but could you make a video of doing this? im getting tired of not knowing what my phone is doing, i put the img on the root of the SD put it in the phone, booted in hboot, and i pressed up after exactly a minute, then up again exactly 5 minutes later, and then one more time 9 minutes later.
its doing nothing..

nicker95@gmail.com

does your phone have the same symptoms? (charges but only vibrates once after turning on, no visible screen?)
Is your sd card formatted to fat32?

Upvote 0
its doing nothing..

nicker95@gmail.com

If it powers up(meaning one vibrate then black screen) I would try the RUU.

Upvote 0
does your phone have the same symptoms? (charges but only vibrates once after turning on, no visible screen?)
Is your sd card formatted to fat32?

Yes, Same exact symptoms, occasionally the Charging LED will come on when im using the wall adapter.

this is what i did.
and i guess i was too excited to get the phone restored, i didnt notice it was not for Phones with SLCD screens.

Upvote 0
everyone says you need windows to run that..
im a proud Linux User (Ubuntu)
but i guess i can try to use Wine to run the windows executable

Then your best bet is to run the PB31IMG. Format sd card, put file on it and boot into hboot. Wait about 3-5mins before pressing the vol+. Also have a good charge and leave the phone plugged in during this process.

Upvote 0
Then your best bet is to run the PB31IMG. Format sd card, put file on it and boot into hboot. Wait about 3-5mins before pressing the vol+. Also have a good charge and leave the phone plugged in during this process.
mmk i will keep trying, thank you.
if this doesnt work, i had insurance on the phone, so il just order a new one, the only problem, phoneclaim.com wants 90$ for a new one so im hoping this works

Upvote 0
use a 2.2 pb31img.zip and put that on your sd card, and boot into hboot even though you wont see it. Wait about a minute and hit volume up, then wait about 5 minutes and hit volume up again, then wait about 10 minutes and hit volume up one last time. Make sure you check the md5 hash of the file before attempting. Follow this link for the file http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html
You need to follow these steps nick. ^^^
Your sd card needs to be formatted to fat32 first. When booting into hboot, press and hold volume DOWN first, then while holding it down press and hold power till it vibrates.
Be patient. And charge your phone for an hour first.

Reactions: nickerz95
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones