• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help K1 camera viewfinder green

gsxrdad

Lurker
Feb 5, 2012
I've had my K1 for a week now , I'm updated to 3.2.1 and havent tried camera since the first day, it worked fine that day and we took several pictures. When I open the camera now the viewfinder for the rear camera flashes green with various desktop icons visible within the green. The viewfinder when switched to front facing is fine and camera functions and captures normally. I cleared the cameras cache and even downloaded a few camera apps, all the other app screens are also green on the rear camera. I really don't want to do a master reset as I've got the K1 set up where we all like it, and don't really need the camera but the kids like it . Any ideas ? Thanks

Tried the "factory data reset" it didnt help the problem , I noticed after the reset all data and apps were gone but am still at 3.2.1 I expected to go back to 3.o is this normal ? I'm a week over for returning it to Staples , called Lenovo and I'll have to mail it back . It's been a tough tablet month for us, Just got our HP touchpad back from a cracked case repair that HP lost for a month, only to get it back and 1/3 of the touchscreen unresponsive Both are getting mailed back tomorrow Thanks for your help I hope Lenovo repair is better than HP

Upvote 0
How do you turn on the rear camera to take a self picture? I have the k1 for 5 months and never knew how to turn on the rear camera. Dont even know if mind has the green problem.

there is an icon at the right bottom corner in the original carmera-app. I don't know how you switch the camara in other 3rd party apps.... but I've read, that in skype for example there is also that possibility.

and you'll have the 'green problem' if you upgraded your tablet to android 3.2.1

tobias

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones