• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

keep a spare sd card next to your battery?

nemix

Jun 8, 2010
just playing around with ways to carry around two cheaper 16gb sd cards vs buying the expensive 32gb card. my extra micro sd card seems to fit right behind the battery (between the case and the battery) small amount of double sided tape and it doesn't fall out when i pull the case off. Anyone see a down side to this? lol heat or something?

I only have the Epic for 2 days so I'm not sure about the heat. I haven't felt it warm up yet. I know on my Droid and Evo, at certain times it gets hot.

So I'm not sure taping it to the back will work anyways. I don't think there's enough room. I took the back off and it doesn't seem to have any space between the back and the battery.

Well if you wanna try, go for it, just be careful, if it burns or whatever and you got insurance, you'll have to get a new one.

Upvote 0
Just got done with a 2 hour drive with music playing, gps on, and charging the phone. Phones warm but no where near hot. Card I had sittin on top of the battery is barely warm. Think ill be doin this to hold my playstation roms and some extra music. Back case has no probs stayin on either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones