• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keeping up with this hobby via macbook

You won't regret it. I was a PC user all until last year, now I don't think I'll probably ever buy another PC again. The MBP just works.

One tip: Command + arrows left or right does home and end functions. Was very annoying before I figured that out.

It all depends on the user. I much prefer something like Ubuntu to anything Mac. I've got Win 7 Ultimate dual booting with Ubuntu 11.04 right now.

Also, I've never owned, and never will own anything Apple, but that's just me. I set up a Hackintosh once and I tired to use it for a while, I really did, but it didn't do anything for me :p

Upvote 0
It's definitely a learning curve to go from Win to Mac, but you'll get it in time.
I have pretty much everything running in my house, but I run primarily Linux OS.

Lol, so does this mean you are going to change your sig?
"I just took a MAC and wiped my Iphone4" - doesn't really say "Mac owner" now does it? :p

lol good point i hadn't thought about my sig

Upvote 0
question: today when i tried to download the new .596 install zip for my droidx and put it on my phone i had issues. When i downloaded the file on my MBP it wasn't zipped...so i compressed it which made it a zip. Then the problem was it was 10mb bigger than it was suppose to be. Every time i tried to install it on my phone it wouldn't install. i even tried downloading it from within my Win 7 virtual machine.

I went to my windows laptop..everything worked like a champ.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you're using safari. First I would say ditch that and get with Chrome or Firefox lol. The setting is in the safari browser.

Open safari
Open Preferences
Uncheck button at bottom that says 'open safe files after downloading'

actually i use Safari and Firefox both. Thanks i'll try that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones