• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard autofill: how to customize dictionary

When I use my Samsung Galaxy S10 keyboard to type an email or whatever, it will prompt me with suggestions. If I start typing "Res," it might offer Rest, Resume, & Respond above the virtual keyboard, so I can just touch one of the words rather than typing the whole word out.

Can I customize this? If I happen to have a friend named "Stephanie," can I set it up so that whenever I type in "Ste," it will include "Stephanie" among those suggestions? And conversely, if it offers up weird words I never use, can I remove them from the "dictionary" so they're no longer included among the suggestions?

Thanks!

Reactions: MrJavi
Welcome to Android Forums @stuartresnick :)

when I type "plet" it looks like this

Screenshot_2020-11-08-00-01-04.png

Lets say I want to remove "Plettenberg" form my dictionary, I simply long press the word above my keyboard.

Screenshot_2020-11-08-00-01-39.png

to add just tap the typed word as displayed above your keyboard suggestion.

Screenshot_2020-11-08-01-03-08.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-08-00-01-39.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-08-00-01-39.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Language and Keyboard. Press HTC \"Sense Input\" > Private Dictionary. I select the words you want to delete and press Delete."}" data-sheets-userformat="{"2":371457,"3":{"1":0},"11":3,"12":0,"14":{"1":2,"2":0},"16":10,"18":1,"19":0,"21":0}">Thanks for the detailed information. I often mistakenly add a word to the dictionary in the predictive text input and have to delete it often. I am going into Settings > Language and Keyboard. Press HTC "Sense Input" > Private Dictionary. I select the words you want to delete and press Delete.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones