1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Keyboard Lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j0k3r, Aug 12, 2010.

1. j0k3r

j0k3r Member

Jul 22, 2010
    My father got a Droid X, sister has a one year old Moto Droid. I got my incredible last month and after playing with their phones I concluded my keyboard friggen sucks... the LAG is incredibly annoying. It takes me minutes of slaving over the keyboard to type out texts or emails. When I press a key theres a delay in it appearing in the input. If I even try to speed text everything is a jumbled mess. The portrait keyboard is even worse than the regular one. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running Swiftkey (the problem remains on the stock input method too), and only a few apps like mail and weather. What the hell could be causing keyboard to lag so much? Can I fix this?

Advertisement

2. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    I don't know what's with all the lag, but I have the same problem. The touch screen keyboards are all sub par, even the good ones.

3. j0k3r

j0k3r Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Ported over to Droid X keyboard. It's a significant improvement. I'm very very happy now..

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Twin Cities
    I dont have any problems with lag on the stock keyboard on the INC. You must have something else going on with your phone.

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I recently solved this issue. Try turning off haptic feedback (vibration on touch). It causes lag. Also if you use handcent....clearing out large text threads helps too.

6. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I've never had any lag on my keyboard, i think its great. :eek: