• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kickstarter And Android Game?

Hi I'm a unity game dev and I want to create a kickstarter for my android version of the game which will be the first to be for sale.

But even if I know it's possible, I can't understand how it's possible to give my game to my future backers?

Off course I could send the APK through email but it sounds silly. So how does other teams give their game when it's out?

The android developper web site let me know how to share my game when it's in alpha and beta using Google group but not when it's the final version.

Please, let me know if you have any info about it.

Thank you for your answer. Do you know if it's possible to associate an .apk with a single key, so every apk that I would send through email would be for one copy only.

I'm not ready to announce the game yet, but very soon cause we are making a web demo right now, it should be online in about a week. And this is not an online game, so I don't think I would need a web server only for the backers.

I will bump and make an announcement for it and maybe for the kickstarter if it's not too complicated for us and for the users.

Thank you for your interest!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones