• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kids Video App

mills2533

Dec 21, 2010
Colorado (USA)
Just have a couple questions for Android owners with kids.

I've created an app that plays kids videos from YouTube that I've found to be appropriate for children (hasn't been published yet). I've currently searched and found 60+ videos that would be ok and the list would certainly increase over time.

The app doesn't use the YouTube player so that the child cannot find inappropriate videos after watching their selection. Using the back button will only get them back to the app and when the video is done playing it will also return to the app. The app wouldn't have ads either. So, it is a little safer way to turn a kid loose allowing them to watch videos.

Would this be of interest to you? If so, would you be willing to pay for it? If no, why not?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones