1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kill location services once a day?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frantic Ferret, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Frantic Ferret

Android Central posted a FAQ for the Hero that linked to a post on their forums suggesting that this would speed up the Hero. I must have somehow missed this because it's the first I've ever heard about it. Anyone know if there's any truth to it?

Never mind. Naturally right after I post this I see a post about it in another thread.

2. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member

also wondering

3. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Android Expert

This isn't unique to the Hero, is it ? I seem to be running into this (daily) on my HTC Eris. Called Verizon and their usual fix was to pull the battery... It worked, but I ain't doing that every day. Will try un-checking the boxes. Since late yesterday, my phone is saying "Current location" for my different location-based widgets. Sometimes, opening the weather app and forcing a refresh would fix it, but not every time.

4. durandetto

durandetto Android Enthusiast

I think it is a 1.5 problem, so I imagine all phones would have that issue until updated over 1.5.

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Android Expert

That's what I suspected (or it was common to all HTC phones running 1.5). Of course, Google pointed me to this thread as I wouldn't normally look in the Hero forum here, so isn't there a "general" forum that's more suitable for a topic like this ?

By the way, the "fix" didn't work. I'm still getting "Current location" for weather and "Current city" for time.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews