• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kitchen made rom

Yeah, me too. Deodexed works fine. But I, myself pulled the framework and systemUI from another Sequent ROM and got the uim card thing. What program do I use on Linux to pull apart an apk and put it back together after I mod it? And how do I get it? Plz give a step by step instruction cuz I'm still learning how to use terminal on mint 15

Upvote 0
I then use 7zip to extract the system and data folders from the backup
you may want to avoid data from a nandroid unless you are making a personal rom. There is private info in your /data partition
@SuperR i havent tried that option yet. I usually use option 2 since im lazy :p
the signing could be causing you issues. try option 3 ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, me too. Deodexed works fine. But I, myself pulled the framework and systemUI from another Sequent ROM and got the uim card thing. What program do I use on Linux to pull apart an apk and put it back together after I mod it? And how do I get it? Plz give a step by step instruction cuz I'm still learning how to use terminal on mint 15

you must still be learning google too lol. apktool is what i use ;)

Upvote 0
Bah i didnt think of the symlinks being an issue. I'll do an adb pull from it now (since thats alot faster then downloading another zip) and see if that goes over better. @SuperR i only use data/app and data/local from the backup as i have a couple apps installed to data/app everything else i clean out

Upvote 0
you could actually just move the apps to system and make them a permanent part of the rom, just make sure to remove the -1 or whatever from the end, for some reason if you leave that on there it messes it up when moved to system, but im pretty sure its required to be on there to be in data. that way you wont need to touch the data partition at all and the apps will be hardcoded even after a factory reset

P.S. make sure theyre freeware, dont be putting out cracked apps on your rom thats bad business, though including a copy of a demo version and the wonderful freeware program called luckypatcher isnt technically breaking any rules lol

Upvote 0
These are all the problems I ran into when trying to build PA. Through kitchen, through modifying the build.prop files. Swapping this and that in and out of the archive. Changing DPI settings. Total pains in the ass.

Script for Build Environtment. Ubuntu 13.04
Click here.

When I decided to make an effort at building, and junkiee, SupeR, PG, basically all the devs here say - "Just build it from source"
Kinda goes without saying AK is not a great idea.
I'm not saying it can't be useful though.

Upvote 0
@Seraph08 You are correct. Building from source is ideal. However, AK is great for certain things. It takes a lot of the work out of various tedious tasks when manipulating stock roms for which we do not have source to build from. It is always best to know how to do things manually before trying to use a tool of any kind. That way if things don't work you can fix them. Anyway, my $0.02 lol

Reactions: boricuakiller
Upvote 0
Indeed building from source would be the ideal way to go. but for someone like me that is still a bit too green for such a task , using AK is a good way to get a custom rom that works without much effort :p or atleast so i thought with my other devices. This one seems to be giving me more issues then i care to deal with but since its for my gf i suppose ill push through :D

Upvote 0
Indeed building from source would be the ideal way to go. but for someone like me that is still a bit too green for such a task , using AK is a good way to get a custom rom that works without much effort :p or atleast so i thought with my other devices. This one seems to be giving me more issues then i care to deal with but since its for my gf i suppose ill push through :D

have you tried starting with SuperROM or the unmodified stock and using option 3?

Upvote 0
i havent tried with superROM yet or with the unmodified zip (takes like 3 hours per zip to download right now as im WAY over my data cap) but i do have the new jb 4.1.2 update completely stock minus rooting and it still gives me same problem aka no service /no uim card And yes i tried option 3 on both B09 and B11 with same issue.

On a side note if i pull the system folder with adb and use the boot img from the backup i get a non booting flashable zip. but if i extract the system folder from the backup file it boots but i get no uim card issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones