• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lack of microSD Slot - Killer?

Well, at least we should know the specs, since they seem to keep changing to this point. If the newer specs being linked are correct, it might come in 16 and 32 gb versions and or have a micro sd slot.

If VZW sell a 16gb version with no sd slot, watch a lot of people go negative. If it has a slot, more should go positive.

Upvote 0
Jim what up brother! Same boat man, I'm just not a cloud guy...lol!

However, Vigor huh! U still rockin with HTC brother...

Yeah man I've got a Thunderbolt rockin CM7 as my personal phone and an EVO rocking a sense 3.5 rom as my work phone. Love me some HTC

But after playing with the Epic 4g Touch I really started to like Samsung again after my bad experience with the Fascinate and then Transform (what an awful phone)

Upvote 0
Well, not only was I wrong about the Razr not having room for a micro sd and sim slot, they positioned them on the side for easy access. Nice. Looks like this device has the new micro sim.

Take THAT Nexus ;) :)

motodroid16eng.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, not only was I wrong about the Razr not having room for a micro sd and sim slot, they positioned them on the side for easy access. Nice. Looks like this device has the new micro sim.

Take THAT Nexus ;) :)

motodroid16eng.jpg

Rush I take it we are going to be spending some time in the Razr Forums? Seems our lack of loving the Cloud..LoL (Nexus minus SD) has moved us in another direction my man...:cool:

Upvote 0
Rush I take it we are going to be spending some time in the Razr Forums? Seems our lack of loving the Cloud..LoL (Nexus minus SD) has moved us in another direction my man...:cool:

I thought I would be, but if the Razr has the 4430, I suggest staying away until the device is proven stable. They are being deceptive if a 4430, since the stock speed is 1ghz and the 4460 stock speed is 1.2ghz. Go to VZW and test a Droid 3 out with Flash content and see how hot it gets. 1.2 is too high to be sustained efficiently, but as already mentioned, the Kevlar makes more sense now due to heat. Not to mention it has a slower clocked gpu.

I will get this device if a 4460 and if not, I will wait until next year and stick with my Droid 3 that already has a 4430, but is at least "honest" at stock 1ghz.

Dang, the Razr may be a bust for me and the Nexus seems a given there is no sd slot. Bummer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones