• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lacking camera features - HDR, panorama, art filters, etc

I bought the SE Arc instead of iPhone. While Arc has a better camera but software/apps is clearly lacking to support the workflow of taking and sharing better pictures.

Clearing missing are

1) HDR
2) sweep panorama
3) art filters
4) upload to flickr (not picasa)
5) best pict

Being touted as a excellent camera phone with Exmor sensor, surely it shouldn't be lacking in the software, apps portion. Are there any updates or addons that can bring me these wonderful camera features.

I use an app called vignette that has lots of filters/effects. There is a free version and the paid which I invested in for my X10. I only got my Neo yesterday so haven't had the chance to play with it.

Picassa is part of Google, Google is Android so I am guessing this is why you get Picassa not Flickr. If you search Flickr on the Android Market there are various apps that allow you to interface with it. Again a quick search on market panoramic gives you various apps to try so might be worth a look.

Hope some of the above helps!

Upvote 0
Yeah vignette is pretty good.

Photaf is a pretty good panorama app. SE also have their own panorama app (beta version) for the x10 which can be made to work on the arc with a little faffing (see thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1123478)

There are loads of other camera apps out there on the market, some good ones are camera advance, littlephoto, retro camera but there are loads more. There are also HDR ones, but i havent really had a play with them yet. Most apps have free versions - so have a search, have a play, see what works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones