• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Laggy web browsing on Dolphin HD after 2.2

Well, I love eating my words, so here we go.

Today, I jumped to 2.2. As for the lag in the browser, I noticed it as well. I also downloaded the full flash thing for shits and grins (have no real use for it on my phone), and I noticed pages scrolling kinda chunky and whatnot, and it was because it was loading ALL the flash objects. Go into the stock browser and under thr settings, there should be something pertaining to that. Just check it to 'On Demand' so it doesn't load anything unless you tell it to otherwise.

Reactions: manny84
Upvote 0
I've noticed that occasionally, when I'm typing a forum response, the keyboard works, but what I'm typing updates really slowly -- like one character per second. It comes and goes, although it's usually fine.

I want to uninstall and reinstall Dolphin, but I'm afraid I'll lose bookmarks and gestures.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that occasionally, when I'm typing a forum response, the keyboard works, but what I'm typing updates really slowly -- like one character per second. It comes and goes, although it's usually fine.

Oi, I'm experiencing that as well. I was typing a post on here and there was lag in the typing, as well as in the scrolling when on certain web pages (more specifically this webpage).

I checked the On Demand setting. Hopefully that helps.

Upvote 0
I resolved my Dolphin issue for now. After changing the zoom level to Far, the text boxes now fit within the width of the landscape screen, and if you activate the text box in portrait and rotate to landscape, it stays in input mode like it used to instead of forcing you to click back into the response box to start typing.

I also haven't encountered the slow typing update bug yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones