• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Landscape keyboard is huge!

dylane

Oct 22, 2010
SO the landscape keyboard is taking up about 80% of my vertical screen real estate, and only leaves enough screen showing to view one line of text. Are there any keyboards out there that are optimized for stylus use, so that I can have more keys in less space?

Hacker's keyboard seems to take care of this issue, and the fact that it gives me a ctrl key means I can do ctrl-v to paste, which takes care of my other issue also. Missing some of the dedicated keys from the stock keyboard (like '@' and '.com') but all in all this seems a much better choice, and hopefully will get better once it has learned my frequently typed words.

Upvote 0
There is an option in the settings to adjust the keyboard height.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Can you elaborate on where in settings this is? I've looked through all of the keyboard settings I could, but still haven't been able to find this setting on either the stock keyboard or the Swype keyboard that came pre-installed. Maybe this is another thing Verizon removed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones